• Yeah, and I'm between 20 and 30

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Sure, and I'm a 30+ WC fan

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • You're kidding!! That's ancient history, a collector's item

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I may be younger than 20 (a few months actually) but I grew up with an MSX2 and my first PC games ranged in the ranks of Police Quest I and King's Quest III and (indeed) Wing Commander. I can still appreciate oldies, in fact, they are often a hell of a lot better than some of the stuff released these days.
I'm considering running through WCI again soon, since I just read Freedom Flight, and that got me yearning for good old fashioned Cat Killin'.

If you'll look closely, you may discover a so called "shift key" near the left Ctrl, Caps lock and Tab. This mysterious thing allows you to capitalize certain letters, like "I".

Ah, I get it. I thought you were talking about my post, which already was properly punctuated.
I guess that makes me... egocentric :D

Aha but Kris, that's one of the many reasons you're here, isn't it? ;)

BTW, I'd be curious to know the 30+ WC fan... is that you Stormbird?

[edit]

Hey Kris, since you're so keen on ponctuation and spelling ;) , here's the "Post a Poll" line when you open a new thread:

Post a poll: Yes! post a poll
Number of options initally: (Maximum: 10)

Spot anything wrong? <g>

allez Kris,

I'll keep a closer look on my punctuation in the future (you're a real language purist! I can appreciate that, but I'm tempted to check your profile if you're belgian).
In the heat of the idea, punctuation is first blood. And me being not the best of typists may have something to do with it as well, i gather.
Only a pity that the comments are mostly about circumstantial blabla instead of the poll... hoped for something a bit better.

So I'm 30+ huh? :)) well, maybe. Nothing to be ashamed about, I guess. Just wondering.. would that make me the only oldtimer on the board????

Yay what should I say now? I'd maybe have played it. If i had it. So that point you forgot in the poll. Now should I say that it is ancient history, only because I didn't play it? That is not my opinion....
So there is not a 'no'-point except that odd one. :cool:
I let it to vote.

Originally posted by Stormbird

So I'm 30+ huh? :) well, maybe. Nothing to be ashamed about, I guess. Just wondering.. would that make me the only oldtimer on the board????
Nope... there was RFBurns before you... :)
But he left...

And you forget the creepy thing that is hiden in the closet... you know....the thing.....the OLD thing ;)

Not any more, Ghost... we started talking about the good old days and it ran squeaking back to college again :))
It's a nice place in that closet tho... coffee machine and internet pc, wellwellwell

So Burns left huh, now why would that be?? Seen a Ghost, or listened to Kris too much and sped out to find a high bridge to throw himself off... I really wonder

He knew you were coming, and the server can't handle a lot of old people. :D

I'm among the middle group, older than 20, but younger than 30.

Wow, I would never have thought we 20 and younger would be in the majority. Although 20 votes under a 1000 members isn't a reliable result, really. :rolleyes:

30+

No Stormbird you aren't the only one. Someone mentioned RFBurns left anyone know why? Or is that a bad subject to be bringing up?

Just for information purpose I am older than 30 and still have WC1 in the blue box with "Claw Marks" and fighter blueprints.

No, it is not a forbidden subject for bringing up. RFBurns brought the reasons just by the way in a thread. So many people maybe didn't recognize it. I don't remember them so in detail....only that
most people wished him a good time in future and he wished us same. He also mentioned he'd stay WC fan. So much I don't know any more. It was no leave in arguement. It happened in June of this year. Though most people hoped he'd come back. Experiences of other people who had left have shown that most of those people come back. Though he didn't what I for my part pity a lot. We had much fun together. :)

Originally posted by Stormbird
Not any more, Ghost... we started talking about the good old days and it ran squeaking back to college again :))
It's a nice place in that closet tho... coffee machine and internet pc, wellwellwell

So Burns left huh, now why would that be?? Seen a Ghost, or listened to Kris too much and sped out to find a high bridge to throw himself off... I really wonder

I´m 23, 24 in December so bring your gifts !!! :cool:

Re: 30+

Originally posted by Michael_A
Someone mentioned RFBurns left... anyone know why? Or is that a bad subject to be bringing up?
A stupid misunderstanding between him, me, and LOAF... :(

'Twas a Privateer 2 issue... there was a thread on Priv2, and somebody mentioned a detail about the ending of the game...
I politely asked the posters not to reveal game's endings in their posts, or to put a big *SPOILER* sign at the beginning if they did (since I didn't play P2 yet)...

Yet, maybe RFBurns didn't read my message entirely, he wrote something precisely about P2's ending, just after my post...
LOAF called him a jerk for that, talking about P2's ending right after someone had asked *not* to...
I said it wasn't a big deal, then I think Kris commented something... there were a few posts about that thereafter...

RFBurns then posted "*sigh* I'm outta here"... and later on, he left a goodbye thread and left the CZ...
I suppose he didn't like LOAF calling him a jerk, I don't know...

I miss him though, the hide-and-seek adventures he had with WC games and his wife were very funny... :)

Back