Hobbes - cartoon connection ??

LOL good one Dragon, I had a thought perhaps Garfield is really a Kilrathi spy who was sent to earth to remove the food supply and thus make our war against them all the more difficult. BTW I figure that the mantu look like bipedal dogs, what do you say

[Edited by Napoleon on 03-14-2001 at 19:30]

Originally posted by bw_dave
You know, spaceman spiff could probably cause some havoc with a Kilrathi cap ship.

I doubt it. Spaceman Spiff goes through ships faster then I go through sixpacks.

Originally posted by AzraeL
Originally posted by bw_dave
You know, spaceman spiff could probably cause some havoc with a Kilrathi cap ship.

I doubt it. Spaceman Spiff goes through ships faster then I go through sixpacks.

Oh, and like Blair doesn't go through Confed cap ships like a hot knife through butter :)

Originally posted by Napoleon
(...)I had a thought perhaps Garfield is really a Kilrathi spy who was sent to earth to remove the food supply and thus make our war against them all the more difficult. (...)

Good thing that Odie keeps an eye on him... ;)
Kilrathi spies just deserve to live with living beings such as Odie and Jon... :)

Originally posted by Napoleon
I figure that the Mantu look like bipedal dogs, what do you say?

Well, we can't be sure that we've even seen the Mantu. In any case, if you're referring to the Nephilim, clearly, they resemble insects, hence the affectionate term, "Bugs!"

Originally posted by Dragon
Mantu?
By the sound of it they must look like seafood :D

Aha ! Another Calvin and Hobbes connection! tuna is a seafood, and Hobbes loves tuna! Boy oh boy, the plot thickens.

Hmm, maybe I've been drinking too much red cordial.

Whatever the Kilrathi would describe them as, it would be greatly exaggerated to cover their feelings of failure to wipe them out completely.

Unless the Nephilim are revealed to be the Mantu, however unlikely that may be, and then the Kilrathi would be stuck! If they exaggerated the Mantu's abilities, then they'd be humiliated cos Confed can handle them quite easily (in the game at least). If they lower their abilities, then the Kilrathi will look weak for being defeated by them.

Confusing, but it was just a thought.

But remember, they are beginning to exaggerate the battle abilities of Confed as well to explain their loss to them too. One all powerful enemy wiping out another all powerful enemy.

Oh, then we should let that go to our heads, and then the Kilrathi will knock us down in our self-congratulations. :)

They were able to knock us on our butts twice before because we werent paying attention, whats one more?

The sweet taste of victory remains in one's mouth while the bitterness of defeat will fade into almost nothing. And then, when you least expect it, the bitter taste will come back, and overwhelm the senses.

Back