Hi, I'm new...

I don't know - I think Conan's meditation with Subotai before the Battle Of The Mounds is beautiful and easily Ah-nold's best acting ever. But goddamned Gerry Lopez speaks like a surfer in it - not using his character's accent.

Jacob said:
Holy crap...is this place considered the official Wing Commander website or something? I just registered for Secret Ops, and I clicked on the Chat area and got redirected to HERE!

We're just really neat people.

Bob McDob said:
I've never really understood the hatred for the Wing Commander Movie - I've always thought it was pretty decent, both as a movie and Wing Commander. Even the parts that directly contradicted logic and science.

Does it seem like there is a wide body of opinion "out there" that simply poo-poos almost everything Sci-Fi/Fantasy that makes its way to the big screen? I was living in Orlando at the time of the release of the WC film. I saw a few local news reports about all of the people who went to see the film just to watch the trailer for the then upcoming Phantom Menace. After the trailer they'd wait a few minutes and ask for their money back. :rolleyes: Of course many of them hated TPM as well.
I too thought the WC movie was decent but I didn't like everything about it. The choice to cast Freddie Prinze Jr as Blair and Matthew Lillard as Maniac sort of gave it a strange "90's buddy flick meets Sci-Fi" feel, but I could look past that. I thought the plot and acting were good and I was pleased to see many more common threads woven between the gaming series and the movie than not. I don't think fans of WC should ever expect much support from the average movie goer for the film. They lack the enthusiasm and a proper frame of reference. To them it is just another SciFi movie.
Always remember something like 9 of the top 15 grossing films of all time asr Sci-Fi/Fantasy. Take that Roger Ebert!

Back