hi !, from a newbie thats happy to c u call !

wankski

Spaceman
wow ! didnt think there would be a busy active forum for WC ! there is ! and thanks for fixing the movie issue with WCP, now it kinda works, at least i can view the cut scenes...(stutter problem)..

anyways just wanted to say hi and thanks, and whats the deal with wing cammander now? i mean prophecy is s'posed to be the first of a new triology? is it not gunna happen now or what?

to tell the truth i dont blame em... the story is kinda lame compared to wc3 and my personal fav. wc4.. gripping stuff !

the gameplay hasnt evolved enough either, pretty much the same as wc3, and worse still there is no 'fun' ship like in wc4... the dragon was AWESOME !

so is it possibel to get wc4 running on windows xp? if i can, i'll prolly snipe one at ebay for posterity sake...

cheers

joe

ps: which was your fav in the whole series? wc4 did it for me !! "guilty guilty guilty !" ahh the class acting....
:cool:

I would really have to go with Wing Commander I, since it's the one that introduced me to the series.

btw welcome to the fourm

Hello! Welcome to the board :) . There was a thead a few days ago where we were discussing where the prophecy trilogy was headed if you can dig it up. As for my favorite game? WC3, although WC1 was my first introduction to the series, WC3 really got me interested enough to buy all of them :)

C-ya

After WC I on the Amiga, my next WC game was WC III on the Playstation and then WC IV on the Playstation, once I got my PC I got Prophecy and then WC I and II (DOS Disk Versions, plus WC II Deluxe DOS CD-ROM Version)

WC2 was my first game from the series. I spent really long hours playing it (especially because I didn`t read about autopilot function at first, so some patrols were veeeery long for me:)). But even then, during those long minutes of no-action, gameplay and storyline kept me in front of monitor.

Hi Cadet!

I think that WCP is not the start of a new trilogy, but space sims seem to become popular again. Who knows what the guys at EA decide to do to please ore displease us?

My favourite WC is every WC game I get running on my new machine.:)

Every game had it's strong point. WC1 and 2 it was the music. Best in the series. WC3 had decent gameplay, but its strong point was that it was a really good conclusion to a saga. It didn't have the best story, but it wrapped things up nicely, and gave the best feeling of the war. WC4 had the best story in my opinion. Really gripping, like you said. WCP was a good start to a new storyline - too bad it probably won't be finished by anything but fan projects.

Anyway, if your interested in some fan made add-ons, there's one for WCSO called Unknown Enemy. Check it out here:

http://unknownenemy.solsector.net

All you need is the basic SO download - you can get that from www.secretops.com

WCP was more arcade than sim. The "streemlined" interface was too in acurate. No missile barrages. No weapons status displays.

It would have been fine if it didn't follow WC4

Originally posted by BattleDog
WCP was more arcade than sim. The "streemlined" interface was too in acurate. No missile barrages. No weapons status displays.

???
You have the missiles and their quantities and what gun/s you selected, what else do you need?

Not that I agree with him, but I think what he meant is the drawing of the ship with the schematic position of the weapons.

Thanks for the welcome and answers to my questions.... hrmm so prophecy seems to be the least popular huh? oh well... :(

Originally posted by Needaham45

Anyway, if your interested in some fan made add-ons, there's one for WCSO called Unknown Enemy. Check it out here:

http://unknownenemy.solsector.net

All you need is the basic SO download - you can get that from www.secretops.com

cool, i'll check it out, i've got prophecy gold so i'll already got so :)

i just bought prophecy on ebay a few days ago, so i'm playing through it now... i already finished SO a while back (it was free on some mag cover CD)

what did u guys think of freespace 1 and 2... i'm thinking of buying it on ebay too, have any of u played it? better than WC? or is this blasphemy? :D

cheers

joe

WC3, and privateer as well.

and freespace is "blasphemy" here.
though i found it and basic space-sim, though it's biggest problem was it's physics engine, the flight control responce was too muchy. and the story line was never finished

Originally posted by wankski

i already finished SO a while back (it was free on some mag cover CD)

I wish I had that Mag.

The WC Series is my best Space Sim series, followed by Starlancer and then X-Wing and then Star Trek: Invasion

Originally posted by Happy
and freespace is "blasphemy" here.

having said that, I would recommend getting Freespace 2, purely because there looks to be a excellent Wing Commander mod coming out for it in the future and it would be a shame to miss it because you didn't have the software.

I quite liked WCIV myself and would put that one above WCIII (only if I had too) for the story, superior FMV, and variety of ships and armaments. I like WC as well though, as there has never been a game quite like it (not even WCII)....Actually, to contradict myself, I can't recommend one above any of the others as they all have features that elevate them above every other game I own.

p.s. the ending of FS2 is terrible.

What's wrong with Freespace? Surprisingly, it plays more like WC than StarLancer, which is a puzzle game like X-Wing. :)

Back