Help with WC2 final mission

Dragonslayer

Spaceman
Im having a real hard time beating the last mission in WC2's winning path. I usually rip through the Strakhas in the asteroid fields. Then i duel with Thrakhath forever and sometimes i beat him and sometimes i dont. I need some tactics for that. Finally, those sartha show up and kill me everytime. I really need some advice on how to handle them.

Strakhas: easy
Thrakhath: quick kill, two salvoes of guns and a couple of missiles, never let him get behind you.
Drakhai:

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE DRAKHAI !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

eh, just kidding, to kill the Sarthas don´t face them head on, keep dodging and afterburning and try to get one or two nailed fast before you dogfight the others. Keep away from the kilrathi base. Hope you´re not playing with the keyboard, a good joystick is your friend here.

And if you think this one is hard, I´m sorry for your ass when you face the final mission of WC2SO1. Goddamn Fralthras...

I usually take down Thrak with guns; he tend to prove fairly adept at avoiding missiles though if you time it right you can probably catch him with one and at least knock his sheilds down some.

If I recall correctly, Sarthas only have 2 Neutron guns, weak armor, and decent speed, so a few well placed shots should send even a Drakhai pilot to kitty-heaven.

If you've got decent enough armor left, a couple head-on passes should do the trick and take down one or two.

i am playing with the keyboard. the sartha are the real problem. i just cant handle them swarming me. the sabre just seems to sluggish.

Moonsword said:
*points at game guides at the CIC followed by WC Academy practice flights*

Actually I would have pointed to the search function because not long ago someone asked this exact same question. I think the thread name might even have been the exact same thing....try it out I know that thread has a lot of good tips in it.

hiyo. victory is mine. now i have started the special ops. all wc2 took was some grit and some good old fashioned manic determination. thanks for the tips. they were some help.

A little late, but the BEST way to take out the Sartha on that mission is to let them do it themselves. If you run from them and sit on the afterburners while making slight course corrections every couple seconds, they will miss you with most of their shots while shooting their comrades to pieces. Don't engage them with your own guns until there are only a couple damaged ones left. As for the end of WC2SO1, you have my condolances.

i also use the keyboard and what helped me beat it was using the mouse. it was a lot easier to keep up with those fast turning sartha's and thrakhath's bloodfang.

this seems irrelevant as you have now beaten it, oh well.

Starkey said:
No, it´s just its paper thin armour...

Actually the Sabre has heavier armor than the Ferret or Rapier--what it lacks is shields (the Sabre's shields are 2/3 as thick as the Rapier's). Frankly, I'd rather be flying a Rapier against Thrakhath, but you need the torps to kill the starbase.

Aha, you poor fools. WC2 has a wee glitch in it. If you kill Thrakhath and then burn it back to the concordia you win and don't have to worry about tryin to kill the Mang, infact in all teh years I have played 2 I have never even tried to kill it. Easier that way. Its almost not worth it anyway cos the kills don't count for roll over into the next episode.

My input...

Heya, fellas.

Congrats, Dragonslayer, on getting through on your own! :)

As for my two cents about the Sabre...always liked her, always will. Her full guns have more kick than the Rapier and I never found the shields to be that terribly deficient...whatever they lack in fortification, I've found they more than make up for in recharge rate. But I'm not the definitive fan all of you are, so I can just only base that on my own impressions...I don't have number values to back me up here. :) I personally just loved flying that bird back in WC2...she could take a bit of a beating, was pretty phenomenal at dishing it out, and all this without sacrificing all that much agility.

As for Thrakhath, I never found him to be particularly challenging myself in WC2...kind of like Jazz. So long as you kept them in front of you, had the juice (i.e. thrust) pushed up all the way, never used afterburners, and had it on full guns, you'd just have to peck away at both as they tried to maneuver around you, which I found they could never do. And the fact that you keep chasing them like that makes it hard for them to land all that many shots as well.

What DID give me a bit of a problem the first time I played it WAY, WAY back in the day was that wave of royal guard fighters that come after him (somewhere between like 3-5, unless I'm mistaken). But then, if you just use the policy of taking each of them out head-to-head, it proved to be of little problem (you just pick one that you want to single out, go head to head, land a few shots, then pull away, do a little jig for a second, then swing around after he's gained enough distance to be foolish enough to charge in at ya again). And hey, if this doesn't work for you and you're a bad shot, look on the bright side - it makes for a fun game of chicken. :) Just again - no afterburners, full throttle, full guns.

Here's a question to all of you who don't mind slagging K'Tithrak Mang after all is said and done...what in the hell was Sparks thinking in giving you like 7 torpedos to blast it apart? Has anyone ever had to use this many? :eek:

One more point - I always thought the Sabre was outstanding on bombing runs. The afterburners were a fantastic help in closing the distance to the target so you could launch a torpedo within like 2500m (at least that's the sweet spot I decreed for myself)...not to mention pulling back away out of range to let your shields recharge before doing all of it again...

Well anyway, enough of my input. You guys don't want to hear the tactics of a crazy loon like me anyway...with the exception of torpedos, I don't really even use missiles, lame as that may be. Now if only I could get the cats to be as kind! :eek:

- FireFalcon ~};^

X_FIREFALCON said:
Here's a question to all of you who don't mind slagging K'Tithrak Mang after all is said and done...what in the hell was Sparks thinking in giving you like 7 torpedos to blast it apart? Has anyone ever had to use this many? :eek:
The original plan for that mission was to have the player fly against both K'tithrak Mang and Thrakhath's flagship - 2 torps for the station, and at least another 2, possibly more, to kill the Dreadnought. For whatever reason, the Hha'ifra was removed, leaving only the Bloodfang, a few Drakhai-piloted Sarthas, and the Mang itself.

SabreAce said:
For whatever reason, the Hha'ifra was removed, leaving only the Bloodfang, a few Drakhai-piloted Sarthas, and the Mang itself.

And someone forgot to tell that to Sparks :p

Eh, I've had more than one occasion where I got too trigger happy on the torps and had one get shot down from being released too early. Plus, usually, you take a handful of flak rounds up the nose, which your poor Sabre doesn't usually survive very well, if at all.

Back