Help with shields

Thank you for understanding -- I'm glad we've figured a way to get through this without banning anybody, though. A valuable lesson has been learned by all.

Well i am just real upset to hear from Loaf and a Richard Garriot interview today that EA does hold the rights to WC and that really , really sucks. They will probably just sit on that damn property forever. Too bad as i am really getting into WC:p ...by the way , how good is Secret Ops? I have the gold edition of WC:p but i didn't install the 2nd disk yet.

Busted the man back to cadet eh? I think that was very fair. I also feel he might want to think about an apology. Never piss in someone else's pond :)

[Edited by AnthonyM on 04-19-2001 at 15:46]

The add on Secret Ops is an excellent continuation of Prophecy! I highly recommend installing it after you go thru Prophecy. I need to try that F-12 bit on that cutscene everyone is talking about! :)

RFB

I saw that interview -- RG is definately on a campaign to demonize Electronic Arts. I would bet good money that they will produce another Wing Commander game in the not-too-distant future.

I have to disagree with you, LOAF. I think RG is going to flex his Ultima muscles first, perhaps one or two games. The storyline of Ultima has been dormant for a while now, and I bet he's chafing to add something new to it. If not Ultima, then something new, fantasy wise. If they are going to do a new WC, I'd predict it... say, 2003 at the earliest, likely they'll only be beginning to work on it then. Unless that's what you meant by very soon WC. =)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I saw that interview -- RG is definately on a campaign to demonize Electronic Arts. I would bet good money that they will produce another Wing Commander game in the not-too-distant future.

Why would EA make a new WC game soon, any specific reason considering the general lack of money made by all space sims since prophesy?

I would hope the bad publicity RG is doing on EA might force them to get off their duff and make that new WC game! They really need to. Its long, long overdue!

RFB

RG has already stated that his next project will be a MMP game which, he seems to believe, will be in direct competition with UO; Presumably, that's why he's *suddenly* so down on EA... He doesn't won the rights to the Ultima series, mind you, *only* to the Lord British character.

Maybe it will still give EA something to think about, if RG gets another MMP game out there to compete with UO, perhaps that will be enough to cause a "damper" on UO and maybe make EA turn to the Privateer Online game that got shoved behind the shelf. Go RG!!! :)

RFB

I think many here in the WC community would like to see a MMP type WC game, Privateer Online!! The initial plans on that game looked very impressive, it was a very sad day when that inter-office memo came out about shelving Privateer Online. :mad:

RFB

I have this funny feeling that if there is a new WC game and its a MMP type game, you will need a high speed connection in order to play it. That will count me out till they fix my dsl lines out here! I seriously doubt my current connect will even be enough for an attempt at a connection to the server! We still use chicken fence wire for lines, oh ya, they are corroded with oil field junk!! ;)

RFB

Originally posted by mpanty
It's true that someone doing a fan project needs to be encouraged, not criticized...
Well, not always. I mean... well, let me put it this way. Someone who declares that he'll jump off a bridge does *not* need encouragement.

I'm in the process of uploading DivX versions of the WC3 missing scenes... so you can put those nice connections to use. :)

Back