Votes: 22 88.0%
  • Border Worlds Conflict

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Nephilim Conflict

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Ladiesman^

Anyway, the Landreich is a real rival to Confed. They actually have a real military (and we would have seen a war between the Landreich and Confed had the books kept going...)

Towards the end of the Kilrathi War, the Landreich effectively saved Confed's ass at the Battle of Terra.

Okay...
Now I'm puzzled. Over in another thread, we have someone justifying the use of purpose built suicide ships with the excuse that the Landreich is so small that every battle is a 'must-win' situation for the Landreich. Now you're saying that the Landreich is a real rival to Confed. Its either one or the other, not both.
From the sound of things, the only reason that the Kilrathi didn't steamroll the Landreich during the war was because there was a much bigger neighbor taking the heat for the itty-bitty nation.

Originally posted by junior

Okay...
Now I'm puzzled. Over in another thread, we have someone justifying the use of purpose built suicide ships with the excuse that the Landreich is so small that every battle is a 'must-win' situation for the Landreich. Now you're saying that the Landreich is a real rival to Confed. Its either one or the other, not both.
From the sound of things, the only reason that the Kilrathi didn't steamroll the Landreich during the war was because there was a much bigger neighbor taking the heat for the itty-bitty nation.

The Landreich isn't huge, mind you. But they can in fact hold their own. They do use mostly older technology but it's so worked up you wouldn't recongize it.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

The Landreich isn't huge, mind you. But they can in fact hold their own. They do use mostly older technology but it's so worked up you wouldn't recongize it.

Ergo, I don't think the Landreich would present all that big of a challenge to Confed if Confed got riled up. It might be expensive, considering the size of the real estate, but without external enemies to keep Confed occupied (read: Empire of Kilrah), Confed could probably clobber the Landreich without too much difficulty.
And that goes for the late Empire of Kilrah, as well.

Originally posted by junior

Ergo, I don't think the Landreich would present all that big of a challenge to Confed if Confed got riled up. It might be expensive, considering the size of the real estate, but without external enemies to keep Confed occupied (read: Empire of Kilrah), Confed could probably clobber the Landreich without too much difficulty.
And that goes for the late Empire of Kilrah, as well.

Indeed. However that battle with the kamikazi's, let me re-iterrate, the kilrathi were fixing to make everything *uninhabitable*. Not just kill millions, but destroy any value of their home planets. And when you figure in how they managed to fend them off for a while, I doubt they could last too much longer against confed. But thats BoT era (just before WC3). They may have become quite strong post-war, but then again I haven't read FC yet. Think I might order it soon just so I can keep up with these debates hehe. And as for the Kilrathi not realy doing much during the war except when they pulled the sting in the BoT, was Landreich never posed a threat, and had little tactical value. After confed was delt with, I'm sure they would have nuked them off the galactic map, but with Landreich doing nothing, and Confed attacking Kilrah, priorities had to be maintained. :D

Again I have come with another Plot for a Fan-fic:

In 2673 After the Conflict with the Border Worlds. A Terrorist Group of Pirates called the 'Red Scar' have plauged The Vega Sector over recent months.Border Worlds Command Assigns the Modified Durango Class Heavy Destroyer BWS Raptor Claw the job of seeking out & destroying the Red Scar's Command base.

Any comments?

I thought Vega was Confed's Jurisdiction. And I doubt all the venture's have been retired yet... mabey even a lurking Exeter (hint hint). :D

The Landreich wouldn't offer much of a threat militarily -- but I can imagine it would be a very hard war for Confed to sell to its citizens...

I'm changed my mind...I'm going Stick with Vega Sector..I'll going to be using system only under UBW Control.Of course Confed and the cats will pop up sometime in the story.

Sorry if i caused any trouble looking for that map.

Originally posted by Raptor leader
I'm changed my mind...I'm going Stick with Vega Sector..I'll going to be using system only under UBW Control.Of course Confed and the cats will pop up sometime in the story.

Sorry if i caused any trouble looking for that map.

Nah I just used a search engine... second find was Wedge's thing (think thats his, either that or someone else is obsessed with WC and uses the nick "Wedge"). I had nothing better to do, which is usualy all the time. :D

Back