Happiest day of my life (WC1)

Originally posted by Rampage3051
I would, but the slowest thing I've been able to find is something like a Pentium 100, which is just over the WC1 too-fast barrier. Oh well, maybe I'll check eBay... :)

ubid.com!!!! ubid.com!!!! ubid.com!!!! ubid.com!!!!

SO far ive tested out 3 Cpu slowers but noone of them have give a sufficient result,

I have managed to slow down the game but now it starts to hack and stutter instead witch makes it hard to play anyway

I seem to remember seeing MoSlo over half a decade ago, when it was originally designed to slow down first-gen pentiums and high-level 486's; maybe nobody's made any significant developments in the program because not many people want to run a 1 Ghz machine at 25 Mhz. :)
Except us, that is...;)

Moslo can be commanded to run a proggie by decreasing increments of 5% of it's "normal" speed. Therefore, unless he tried it about 20 times (decreasing by that amount each time), he can't really say he's thoroughly tested it and found it wanting...

Sure, it's laborious, but it worked for me back when (I ended up running WC1 @ "45%" of speed on my 486-66)

Originally posted by Bishop Gantry
well I continued anyway, and there it was, a slobby drawed WC1 logo on the disk, with renewed strenght i picked it up and slid it into the floppy drive (edited the 2 remaning disks where also in the 100 pack)

by the gods, there I saw the Install file it was working the disk had stayed intact for countless of years just to be discovered by me

Happiest day of your life, huh... so I guess you're not interested in the SO add-ons?

Enough with the Zero Wing / Invasion of the Gabber Robots quote ok? :rolleyes:

I was making a reference to jokes that were getting old. The all your base joke is even older than the others.........:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Supdon3
Im sure he would but hed need WC2 first:)

okay, okay, Sopdon3, I stand corrected... the nerd i downloaded the zipfiles from had them named SO1 and SO2. Of course you know I was talking about the Secret Mission disks for Wing Commander 1
But who gives a shit, it's always nice to jump on stupid mistakes.
So refreshing to see a board packed with friendly people, I feel right at home.

Originally posted by Stormbird

okay, okay, Sopdon3, I stand corrected... the nerd i downloaded the zipfiles from had them named SO1 and SO2. Of course you know I was talking about the Secret Mission disks for Wing Commander 1
But who gives a shit, it's always nice to jump on stupid mistakes.
So refreshing to see a board packed with friendly people, I feel right at home.

Hey lighten up. You see that smiley face? It means I'm only giving you a hard time, not being a jerk. I use smileys sparingly. If you see a smiley in my post you know I mean it. I give you my Smiley Guarantee.

And its sUpdon3

Back