Great Quotes

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I think novels can bring out the worst in people. Maniac, Tolwyn, I've noticed that people can be a lot more horrid, or at least a lot more fallible. It's kind of a trend I've noticed. In the Resident Evil novels, it's implied that Nicholi and Wesker are rapists, and even Jill Valentine is a lot darker a character. It may be in character, but to read how, say, Tolwyn uses those close to Blair as sacrificial pawns, makes for a lot more heat on him.

:) You always,bring examples of other games Phillip!I like that.
You are a resident evil fan too huh?I didnt know about Resident Novels.....:confused:

Yes. There's currently six Resident Evil novels. The first four came out in 1999, and were titled The Umbrella Conspiracy, Caliban Cove, City of the Dead and Underground. The Umbrella Conspiracy and City of the Dead are touched up retellings of the game, with everything being more or less as it was in the game, with Jill exploring the ungeround tunnels and the lab and Chris working his way through the mansion and guardhouse. The same applies for City of the Dead, with Leon fighting Birkin and Claire having to protect Sherry from that green coated monster. Perhaps the biggest diffirence is Rebecca, who is a lot tougher, and much closer to how she is portrayed in 2.0 than the first game. The novels have a few continuity errors and other plot devices that are diffirent to the game, such as the introduction of Trent, and author S.D. Perry realises this. The other two novels, Caliban Cove and Underground, and original works, and are much better than the Fire and Ice comics released two years ago. Caliban Cove stars Rebecca, as she fights to stop the use of biological weapons (think anthrax) being used on the whole world. Underground has Rebecca, Leon, Claire, and the characters from the original novels putting their commando skills to use in trying to find a book of codes that they hope will bring down Umbrella. The fifth novel, Nenesis, was released in 2000 and retells Resident Evil 3, and Code Veronica was released in 2001 and retells...Code Veronica. My opinion? Well, they do a much better job of explaining what happens than the games (would it have *killed* Capcom to say what happens to Rebecca?), and they are quite enjoyable. There's also, for the WWF fans, a few referrences that I'm sure are deliberate. Is John Steve Austin, for example? Jill making a couple of Austin like quotes. Laying the zombie smackdown. Anyway, if you can, pick them up.

"anyway, the admiral sends his congrats, and you're cleared to land, cause we're finally blowing this popsicle stand and we're taking that big momma out for a test drive. haha" Rollins when you complete some behemoth mission

I have nothing against homosexuals (I'm a little afraid to put up my sexual preferrences, but I will say I'm not into straight guy on guy), but let's not go there.

That was not directed towards you, so we might consider that a freudian slip of sorts.

I thought you might go there. No, I was certain you weren't talking to me. I said so so that you'd know I'm not, homophobic I think the word is. Although, I do have an interest in...oh never mind.

Emmm back to the original Topic.I just reminded (Maniac again) a scene from WCATV:

-The cats are pulling out!(I dont remember)
-Oh Must have heard I was here (Maniac)

I really enjoy Maniac sometimes;)

Re: Re: Re: WC3 Quote

Originally posted by LeHah
I think you secretly want it to be gay...

You think so? Hmmmmm...... I guess that deserves looking into....;) Wanna help?

Re: Re: Re: Re: WC3 Quote

Originally posted by Ripper
You think so? Hmmmmm...... I guess that deserves looking into.... Wanna help?

The LeHah is taken at the moment and wouldn't help you with that if the fate of all free countries was at stake.

Back