Great Quotes

Well, that's how I would have seen it. One credit would be the equivilent of one dollar. Whether it's American dollars or British pounds. Or Japanese yen or Russian rupples. Or German deuthmarks or Belgium...well, you get the idea.

Well, in Action Stations, Ensign Tolwyn mentions that five hundred credits is "two months' pay for a newly-minted Academy graduate", and in the WC4 novel, Blair gives the guy in the bar five credits to buy dinner. Using that as a guide, I would estimate that a Confederation Credit circa the Kilrathi War period is worth between one and two 2002 United States Dollars.

As for fighters being cheaper in the 27th century, it probably has a lot to do with the factories being automated. We see in WC4 that the assembly line where they are making the Bearcats is almost totally automated.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Well, that's how I would have seen it. One credit would be the equivilent of one dollar. Whether it's American dollars or British pounds. Or Japanese yen or Russian rupples. Or German deuthmarks or Belgium...well, you get the idea.

There's a huge difference between Yen and Dollars though..

Originally posted by Ijuin

As for fighters being cheaper in the 27th century, it probably has a lot to do with the factories being automated. We see in WC4 that the assembly line where they are making the Bearcats is almost totally automated.

The factories are automated nowdays ! :)

Oh yes, I forgot the Thread`s orignal topic :)

I thought you made a comment for something else :) forget it

"I seek only to instruct. The youth seeks wisdom and experience"
-Vagabond on playing cards with Catscratch

Originally posted by Aries
he seeks the biochemist with the big nose.....and get his ass kicked by Dekker!!!!!!:D

Hey, the biochemist`s nose is OK !
To tell the truth....I feel sorry for Maniac and I dont let Dekker hit him....But there are sometimes that I want a hole platoon of Marines to kick his ass....:mad:

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Hey, the biochemist`s nose is OK !
To tell the truth....I feel sorry for Maniac and I dont let Dekker hit him....But there are sometimes that I want a hole platoon of Marines to kick his ass....:mad:

But he can be an absolute prick in the novel. I'll transcribe a section here if you like.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
But he can be an absolute prick in the novel. I'll transcribe a section here if you like.

I thought Maniac was made more human in the WC4 novelization. He didn't crack as many jokes and he seemed really mature, considering the WC3 novel and his sints in the games.

WC3 Quote

The line that always cracks me up is from Eisen in WC3. After giving the mission run down, and hearing Blair's enthusiastic response...

"GOD I love that boy's spunk!"

Originally posted by LeHah
I thought Maniac was made more human in the WC4 novelization. He didn't crack as many jokes and he seemed really mature, considering the WC3 novel and his sints in the games.

I think novels can bring out the worst in people. Maniac, Tolwyn, I've noticed that people can be a lot more horrid, or at least a lot more fallible. It's kind of a trend I've noticed. In the Resident Evil novels, it's implied that Nicholi and Wesker are rapists, and even Jill Valentine is a lot darker a character. It may be in character, but to read how, say, Tolwyn uses those close to Blair as sacrificial pawns, makes for a lot more heat on him.

Re: WC3 Quote

Originally posted by Lag
The line that always cracks me up is from Eisen in WC3. After giving the mission run down, and hearing Blair's enthusiastic response...

"GOD I love that boy's spunk!"

That phrase is in sound test too! I really like how Eisen says it!

Back