Goodbye to my WC Collection...

Could you let us know which items are likely to be sold via PM. The more on ebay the better as far as I'm concerned (I'm very busy and likely to miss the window on PM sales :(), of course a couple of those items are very rare and it'd be nice to see them go to collections such as the origin museum, just so they don't get lost in time.

Wow, I am highly impressed by your collection. I personally couldn't imagine why you would want to part with it! :p

But if you feel the need to part with it, I'd put alot of it on eBay, keep a copy of each game to yourself though, at the very least. eBay you'd have alot more success, as here, most people would have the games and some of the items.

I have to say though, your drawings are quite outstanding.

Cheers,

Red Coat

Wow, I am highly impressed by your collection. I personally couldn't imagine why you would want to part with it! :p

But if you feel the need to part with it, I'd put alot of it on eBay, keep a copy of each game to yourself though, at the very least. eBay you'd have alot more success, as here, most people would have the games and some of the items.

I have to say though, your drawings are quite outstanding.

Cheers,

Red Coat

Thanks Red Coat!

The only items I didn't post a picture of were my Freedom Flight books (because I can't find them), my Origin Audio CD Volume 2 in original case, and my full size Strike Commander poster (that may have been thrown away years ago).

As of this moment, all of the Zanart T-Shirts and one of the 4ft WC4 cardboard standee's are spoken for, and the following items have been sold:

One copy of Bioforge (I have one left)
Crusader: No Remorse
Crusader: No Regret
Origin's Official Guide to Bioforge
Origin's Official Guide to Crusader: No Regret
Ultima: Underworld
Ultima: Underworld Clue Book

The following items are still for sale and will NOT be put up on eBay:

Crusader Collection (includes both games in one box, see PIC)
Bioforge (in original box, see PIC, box has a small line on side flap, otherwise mint)
WC3: Deluxe Edition
WC2 (floppy disk version in original box, box has wear)
WC2:SO1 (floppy disk, MIB)
WC2: SO2 (floppy disk, MIB)
WC2: Speech Pack (floppy disk, MIB)
Privateer (floppy disk, MIB)
Privateer: Righteous Fire (floppy disk, MIB)
Privateer Speech Pack (floppy disk, MIB)
Wing Commander Academy (floppy disk, MIB)

Items I'm not sure about (eBay or not to eBay...)

1x Wing Commander IV (DOS/Windows 95 box, mint)
1x Wing Commander IV (original slip-cover box, mint)
1x Wing Commander: Prophecy
1x Wing Commander: Prophecy Origin Guide
1x Wing Commander: Prophecy Soundtrack (songs are by artists, not in-game music)

Sorry to the people that I haven't had a chance to respond to yet. I've been very busy. Please be patient.

I was wrong about the Standee's, they're 4'10" tall, not 4ft like I originally said. I haven't measured them in a long time!

Remember, the WC3 Deluxe Edition comes in a 35mm case, but the sticker does NOT say Premiere Edition on it. The 35mm case comes in a nice box (mint) unlike the Premiere Edition, but does NOT include the VHS tape, Origin Audio CD Volume #3, the calendar, or the poster (you do get a T-shirt however, and the making of WC3 on CD like the Premiere Edition).

Thanks,

LeaderOne

I wanted to add some Wing Commander conversation to this thread...

This has probably been talked about before, but has anyone noticed that at the losing end of WC3, Prince Thrakhath says, "at last we meet face to face", but I believe in WC2:SO1 they meet face to face on the Bonnie Heather.

Also, which do you prefer, Melek from WC3 or Melek from WC4? I think the WC3 Melek was more realistic, and much more fearsome (especially the eyes). The Melek in WC4 looks more like a cute pet!

Here's two trivia questions for you? What was Stingray's full name from WC2? Name the three planets that rebelled against the empire in WC2 (I think I remember two of them)?

Last, what ever happened to the Kilrathi masks from WC3? Who has them? They would make the ultimate collectible or holloween mask!!!

LeaderOne

This has probably been talked about before, but has anyone noticed that at the losing end of WC3, Prince Thrakhath says, "at last we meet face to face", but I believe in WC2:SO1 they meet face to face on the Bonnie Heather.

Yup! WC3 seems to ignore a lot from the Special Operations packs... like switching Tolwyn back into Blair's enemy, after they'd resolved their differences and got along fine in SO1 (and not showing us the new technology -- where's the Morningstar or the Crossbow or the Mace nuke?).

... of course, in this case I'm betting Thrakhath never admited to his warship full of soldiers that Blair had locked him up in space prison. :)

(Also: although the stories were written later, Blair meets Thrakhath at least twice before in the Academy show, too. In "The Last One Left", Thrakhath threatens Blair, who he thinks is the only survivor of a group of pirates... and in "Glory of Sivar" they speak briefly while Blair is in a Kilrathi holding cel. In both cases, I suppose, Thrakhath doesn't actually know who Blair is...)

Also, which do you prefer, Melek from WC3 or Melek from WC4? I think the WC3 Melek was more realistic, and much more fearsome (especially the eyes). The Melek in WC4 looks more like a cute pet!

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Chris Roberts was never happy with how the 'live' Kilrathi looked... hence the redesign for WC4 and again for the movie (and the first thing he said after the movie premiere was that he wanted to do them in CGI next time around...).

The problem with the WC3 heads is that they become more obviously muppets when they're shown in higher quality video. Also, they had the advantage of being obscured by their context -- they had their own specially lighted throne room sets and very rarely even had to appear in the same shot as a live human... Melek in WC4 couldn't get away with any of that, since he had to be put on the existing Intrepid set interacting only with humans.

... but despite all that, he does look like a furby. :)

Here's two trivia questions for you? What was Stingray's full name from WC2? Name the three planets that rebelled against the empire in WC2 (I think I remember two of them)?

Stingrays full name is Dirk Wright. I seem to recall they were really sneaky about revealing this... one of the addon packs mentions his first name and the other his last name, or somesuch. The Kilrathi Saga manual has it in full on the list of pilots transferred to the Concordia.

The three systems that rebel in Special Operations 1 are N’Tanya, K’arakh and Shariha (and there's also Ghorah Khar, which happened before WC2).

Last, what ever happened to the Kilrathi masks from WC3? Who has them? They would make the ultimate collectible or holloween mask!!!

They're all over the place. Joe Garrity, a big collector, owns at least two -- Hobbes' and one of the 'background' Kilrathi. I think Chris Roberts has one... and one of the music/sound guys (Stretch Williams, possibly?) had the Emperor or WC4-Melek... as of ten years ago, anyway.

Ebay auction time:

12" Wing Commander IV Mark Hamill Cardboard Standee
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=330106997471&rd=1&rd=1

Wing Commander Prophecy w/Strategy Guide & Soundtrack
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=330106997910&rd=1&rd=1

I have three(3) of the 12" standee's, and will auction them off one at a time. I'm holding off on the 4'10" standee's and WC:IV monitor frame until I can get proper shipping materials.

Good luck!

LeaderOne

P.S. Bandit LOAF sure knows his Wing Commander!

Having the Emperor's or Thrakhath's head/robes would be amazing and would look wicked nice next to my tv.

I got Bioforge, Ultima: Underworld, the two Crusader games, and books to go with them from Jason. They were very well packaged and came real fast - he shipped them on Thursday and I got them today. They're perfect! Thanks so much, Jason!!

Yeah, agreed. Nothing really more for me to say here, you've hit it spot on!

P.S. Bandit LOAF sure knows his Wing Commander!

He wouldn't be a moderator here if he didn't!

Cheers,

Red Coat

Hehe, anyone can be a message board moderator, all you need is a $70 vBulletin license... :)

(I'm actually not a moderator, though, I just run the site -- I gave up moderating so I could still fight with you guys without being some jerk who can ban people when I'm not winning a debate...)

Hehe, anyone can be a message board moderator, all you need is a $70 vBulletin license... :)

Or set up a freebie forum somewhere. If you can tolerate nonexistent service, not-infrequent downtimes and other technical problems, and ads out the yin-yang. :p

(I'm actually not a moderator, though, I just run the site -- I gave up moderating so I could still fight with you guys without being some jerk who can ban people when I'm not winning a debate...)

Well I'm glad at least someone thinks of that fact. :p

Aruging with a mod always seemed like a no-go because if you started to outsmart them, then that was the end of that.

Cheers,

Red Coat

I already told LeaderOne that I recieved my shirts... but I should post that here, too -- have no worries about doing business with him, he ships things quickly and packaged very well!

I'm holding off on the 4'10" standee's and WC:IV monitor frame until I can get proper shipping materials.

A small suggestion... if you have a local video store near you, go down there and see if they have any of those types of cardboard displays / standups. They probably have the packaging that went with it. (I actually had some of this type of standee stuff in my closet from when I worked at such a store)

I already told LeaderOne that I recieved my shirts... but I should post that here, too -- have no worries about doing business with him, he ships things quickly and packaged very well!

How rare are they anyway? Should they be packed securely away somewhere away from direct sunlight, or is it morally acceptable to wear them?

I don't really know how rare they are -- you don't see them very often on eBay, but they don't sell for much either... there probably aren't many in this nice condition anywhere, but there probably isn't that much demand either.

... so, it's up to you -- you probably won't be able to easily replace them, if you destroy them through normal wear (which will happen --the WC4 shirt I had in high school is basically a black t-shirt now...)... but you aren't depriving the rest of the universe of some special artifact if that happens, either.

Guess I'll have to stick to wearing my least favorite ones, That landing Lance shirt is just too cool to tarnish in the spin cycle.

Just promise me that you guys won't wear any of those shirts while going out to eat BBQ ribs! ::just kidding::

I managed to get a lot of cardboard for the 4'10" standee. I'll try to pack it up in the next day or so. I still have to prepare two more after. So much cardboard....

On another note, I've been watching clips from WC3 and thought about a little project. I'm also a 3D artist, and considered remaking some of the WC ships. I'd want to stay true to the game designs, but make them high poly with some nice textures and movie quality detail. I'd play with the designs ever so slightly, just to add a little more realism. That would be awesome to add some movie quality ship battles to the WC3 movie instead of the recorded in game flights. I wasn't crazy about the movie designs, but that's just my personal opinion. I love the Concordia and the Tiger's Claw from the games! If I want to do WC3, then I'd have to start with the Victory and an Excalibur, but I've always wanted to model the Concordia. She's a classic!

It's just a thought........for now..........

LeaderOne

Back