Goodbye to my WC Collection...

LeaderOne

Spaceman
Hello,

I'm going to be selling / giving away / throwing away some of my Wing Commander collection.

I have 3 of the 4ft Wing Commander IV Mark Hamill cardboard standee's. 3 of the 1ft cardboard standee's, and a WC4 cardboard moniter frame. Everything is mint, near mint, or good condition. I went to several of the malls in my area when WC4 came out and asked all of the EB Games if I could have them when the promotion was over.

I also have (not shown) 3 copies of the WC:Kilrathi Saga. Each is complete in mint condition boxes. I have 2 copies of all 4 WC Chrome Arts by Zanart (WC3 & 4). I have WC2 in the original box with floppy disks. Speech pack w/box, SO 1&2 w/box. Armada MIB, Privateer & speech pack MIB, WC2 Deluxe edition CD-ROM x2 MIB, 2x WC3 special 35mm case edition Complete with all Bonus Materials Soundtrack/VHS,etc.., 1x WC3 Deluxe Edition from Sam's Club MIB, WC1 w/SM 1&2 w/box, Origin Soundtrack CD#2 with Ultima 8, Privateer, Strike Commander tracks, etc... (almost everything is complete and MIB)

I still have 3 of the official WC3 T-Shirts that came with the Special and Deluxe editions (never worn).

I may keep some of the chrome art, and I'm definitely going to keep my HUGE WC3 roll up poster. I haven't seen another one of those around.

Last, I have 3x all of the WC novels (except the movie one), but I may keep those. Freedom Flight, End Run, Action Stations, Fleet Action, Heart of the Tiger, The Price of Freedom, and False Colors.

If anyone is interested in anything, send me a PM or an email. If you want to see PICS of anything, just let me know and I'll post them in this thread.

Thanks,

Jason
LeaderOne

I also have some non-related WC stuff, but still Origin. 2x No Regret MIB, 2x No Remorse MIB, 2x Bioforge MIB, 2x Ultima VIII MIB, and Ultima Underworld MIB.

Attachments

• WC4_4Feet_x3.jpg
    WC4_4Feet_x3.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 220
  • WC4_1Foot_x3.jpg
    WC4_1Foot_x3.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 219
  • WC4_TV_FrameX.jpg
    WC4_TV_FrameX.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 222
I almost forgot, I also have 3 copies of WC4 MIB w/slip covers, and 3 copies of the WC4 DVD version in their original sleeves (the DVD's are double sided).

EDIT: 2 copies of the WC3 Official Strategy Guide (mint cond.), 2 copies of the WC4 Official Strategy Guide (mint cond), 2 copies of the Ultima VIII hint books (one sealed), and the Original Wing Commander Strategy Guide (great condition). I also have a few copies of the re-released Classic Editions of Privateer, U8, and I think WC2 on CD.

I knew that there was more.

LeaderOne

A few more PICS....

To everyone that sent a PM, I will respond shortly (there are several), and I will post more PICS of the items of interest in this thread.

LeaderOne

Attachments

• WC3.jpg
    WC3.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 240
  • WC12.jpg
    WC12.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 226
  • WC_Books.jpg
    WC_Books.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 243
  • PrivAcad.jpg
    PrivAcad.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 215
  • KilrathiWC4DVD.jpg
    KilrathiWC4DVD.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 208
Even more PICS...

I have 4 copies of WC4, 2 are in the original slip cover and the other 2 are in the Windows 95/DOS box.

LeaderOne

Attachments

• WC4.jpg
    WC4.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 202
Update...

Kilrathis Saga: Includes original box (mint condition), all five CD's in their original cases, flight guide, installation guide, reference card, and 1997 calander.

Note: One of my three copies has been played, the other two were never used. Although, even my used copy is in mint condition. I take very good care of my stuff, especially my Wing Commander stuff! ::~~~::

Novels: I can't find my Freedom Flight novels. I may have tossed those several years ago as that was my least favorite book of all. It didn't fit with the rest in the series, and was written by a different author. I may have put those in a box somewhere. I'll have to look.

As you can see, I kept the WC3 VHS (making of) tapes on my shelf with the books. I only have two because the WC3 Deluxe did NOT come with the VHS tape, only the Premiere Edition did. I can explain the other differences in case anyone does not know. I have 2 copies of the Premiere Edition and one of the Deluxe Edition.

Ultima Underworld: Includes box (mint), disks were kept in room temperature (I'll test before I sell), clue book, players guide, install guide, reference card, rune bag w/silver runes, and some other book? Everything is mint.

Chrome Art: I actually have two of each (eight total). Not all are shown in the PICS. Six still have the plastic around them. All of them have a Certificate of Authenticity on the back. They were released a little after WC4 came out by Zanart. All are mint condition. A few of them are very low numbers in the release.

More to come...

LeaderOne

Attachments

• WC4_Chrome.jpg
    WC4_Chrome.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 236
  • WC3_Chrome.jpg
    WC3_Chrome.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 316
  • UU.jpg
    UU.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Novels_VHS.jpg
    Novels_VHS.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 230
  • KSaga.jpg
    KSaga.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 198
I almost forgot about these!

Wing Commander Prophecy: I have three copies, all mint condition.

WCP Soundtrack: I even have three copies of the Wing Commander Prophecy Original Soundtrack on CD (see PIC). I had to order those online, or from the Origin store, I forget....

Still to come: PICS of my Bioforge and Crusader collections, and the insides of my WC3 Premiere Edition along with the T-Shirts.

I forgot yet again (so much stuff), I have eight (8) Zanart Wing Commander T-Shirts. They made four T-Shirts, and I have two of each. I wore one or two of those once or twice. They are NOT the same as the official T-Shirts that came with the WC3:prem. Edit..
I'll have to post some PICS of those.

If I can find my WC3 and WC4 baseball hats I'll post a picture of them as well. Those are not for sale as I wore the heck out of them over several years. I'll post PICS in case anyone hasn't seen them though (if I can find them).

To everyone that sent me PM's, please be patient. I will write back. I have so many pictures to post, and a ton of PM's to reply to.

Thank you all for your interest, and more PICS coming soon....

LeaderOne

Attachments

• WCP.jpg
    WCP.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 200
This is a pretty neat collection, it seems like a shame that it's being sold (but maybe it's good news for you). I sent you a PM -- no rush in getting back to me.

Also, I hate to say it... but you might have better luck selling this stuff on eBay. The games, at least, would probably go for a lot more there (since I imagine most readers here have them already)... and some of the rarer promo stuff would probably do very well, too.

Also, if you're still interested, give Freedom Flight another read -- I find it's gotten a lot better with age... since it was written by Ellen Guon, who wrote SM2 and WC2, it's the only novel that actually 'feels' just like a WC game (the others are great, but they create their own addition to the universe...).

This is a pretty neat collection, it seems like a shame that it's being sold (but maybe it's good news for you). I sent you a PM -- no rush in getting back to me.

Also, I hate to say it... but you might have better luck selling this stuff on eBay. The games, at least, would probably go for a lot more there (since I imagine most readers here have them already)... and some of the rarer promo stuff would probably do very well, too.

Also, if you're still interested, give Freedom Flight another read -- I find it's gotten a lot better with age... since it was written by Ellen Guon, who wrote SM2 and WC2, it's the only novel that actually 'feels' just like a WC game (the others are great, but they create their own addition to the universe...).

It's going to be hard to part with this stuff. My collection will be scattered all over the place, but I feel that it's time. I'll keep the things that I enjoy the most, and I do have two, three, and four copies of much of it so I could always keep one.

I wish I could find my Freedom Flights. I read all of the novels three times over, but I couldn't get into Freedom Flight as much as the others. Maybe because it took place during the WC1 era (as I recall). I was always a bigger fan of WC2. It's story, characters, etc..

I hope everyone that gets a part of my collection will take care of it and enjoy it as much as I have. I want these things to find good homes where they will be appreciated. Some of this is very rare, and there are probably not many left in the world.

I have so much more and so many more PICS to post it's insane! We should call this thread the Origin Museum! ::~~~::

LeaderOne

I found my WC3 hat (worn & faded)! I'll post a PIC tomorrow. Sadly, I cannot find the WC4 hat.

Some PICS of my worn and slightly faded WC3 hat. I wish I could find my WC4 hat...

Bioforge: Includes all original manuals in the box. Rated M for Mature

Crusder: My Crusader collection. Includes all original manuals in the box.

Privateer Players Guide

UltimaVIII: Pagan (Hard drive > CD-ROM Edition) All original manuals included.

The only thing missing from all of my games are the registration cards which I sent in to Origin when I bought them many, many, many years ago.

LeaderOne

Attachments

• Bioforge_U8_PrivGuide.jpg
    Bioforge_U8_PrivGuide.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Crusader.jpg
    Crusader.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 174
  • WC3_Hat_Back.jpg
    WC3_Hat_Back.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 173
  • WC3_Hat_Front.jpg
    WC3_Hat_Front.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 178
Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger
Premiere Edition

Includes:
4 Game CD-ROM's
Making of WC3 on VHS
Behind the Screens CD-ROM
Behind the Screens booklet
Origin Audio CD Vol. 3
Playguide
Advertisement card for Inside WC3
Warbirds fold-out
Victory Streak Guide
Reference Card
Installation Guide
WC3 T-Shirt XL
35mm Case w/sticker on the front

Everything is mint!

Note: The Deluxe edition is different from the Premiere Edition. The Deluxe Edition does NOT include the following:

No VHS tape
No Origin audio CD vol. 3

The Deluxe Edition comes in a 35mm case, but the sticker does NOT say Premiere edition. The Deluxe edition comes with a WC3 T-Shirt, but with a different tag. The neat thing about the Deluxe Edition is that it comes in a nice big box to hold the 35mm case. The Premiere Edition did NOT have that.

Box not shown in these PICS. I posted a picture of this box in one of my previous posts. Look above.

LeaderOne

Attachments

• WC3PreT_Close.jpg
    WC3PreT_Close.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 177
  • WC3PreT.jpg
    WC3PreT.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 180
  • WC3_Prem_CD.jpg
    WC3_Prem_CD.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 183
  • WC3_Prem_Books.jpg
    WC3_Prem_Books.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 168
  • WC3_Prem.jpg
    WC3_Prem.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 175
Some PICS of the Zanart T-Shirts (4 different shirts, and I have two of each). Two are WC3 and two are WC4. All are size XL.

There are some flash spots on some of the PICS from my digital camera. Those are NOT spots on the shirts. I may retake those PICS. The shirts are mint and have been hanging in my closet since I got them. All of the Zanart T-Shirts have the web address on the back as shown in one of the PICS. Mark Hamills face looks funny in the one PIC because I didn't flatten out the shirt for the PIC. Ooops!

All T-Shirts are XL

Note: The PIC with the close up logo is the WC3 Premiere Edition shirt (not Zanart).

LeaderOne

Attachments

• WC3PreT_Logo.jpg
    WC3PreT_Logo.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 178
  • WC3_TShirt.jpg
    WC3_TShirt.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 170
  • WC34_TShirt.jpg
    WC34_TShirt.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 188
  • WC4_TShirt.jpg
    WC4_TShirt.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 197
Origin's Official Guide to Bioforge and Crusader: No Regret

Two (x2) Ultima VIII:pagan hint books

All mint!

LeaderOne

Attachments

• Guides.jpg
    Guides.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 157
Here's the big WC3 poster.

LeaderOne

Attachments

• WC3Poster_1.jpg
    WC3Poster_1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 154
  • WC3_Poster_2.jpg
    WC3_Poster_2.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 164
And here's my artwork. Some of the pics came out a little dark, and some a little blury. I took them with a digital camera. You can't see some of the fine detail this way as opposed to scanning them, but I threw out my only scanner a few years back.

Everything was drawn by me (freehand, NOT traced).

LeaderOne

Attachments

• Thrak_WC2.jpg
    Thrak_WC2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Melek.jpg
    Melek.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 151
  • K_Ship.jpg
    K_Ship.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Excal.jpg
    Excal.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Emp.jpg
    Emp.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 137
Two more of Prince Thrakhath...

I used one pic from an old Computer Game Review magazine as reference before WC3 was released. They had some behind the scenes pics.

The other pic is obviously referenced from the WC3 poster.

LeaderOne

Attachments

• Thrakhath_1.jpg
    Thrakhath_1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 158
  • Thrakhath_2.jpg
    Thrakhath_2.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 159
I made an error by excluding a few things in one of my previous posts. The WC3 Premiere Edition came with a 1995 Calendar and a folded up WC3 poster.

Here's a pic of the two calendars, two posters, and the "Is your system ready?" card.

I love that card!!!

LeaderOne

Note: I've received quite a few PM's since this thread began and it's getting too difficult to remember who I spoke to about what. It's also getting hard to reply to so many people, and keep track of multiple people wanting the same items. I'm going to take the well given advice of of a few members here (as well as my own judgement), and place a few of the items on ebay for auction. I believe that will make it fair, and will also give everyone a chance at obtaining what they want. I will post links to the auctions within this thread, but I have to do a few things before I can proceed, so the ebay auction will be sometime in the near future.

However, some of the items WILL be sold via PM. Not everything will go on ebay, only a select few items.

PLEASE be patient with all of this. It's hard enough letting go, but I have to buy plenty of packing materials (I have none), take more pictures, answer more questions, etc.. Not to mention that I'm married, and my family is about to start up a major and expensive business venture. Then there's the gym and getting out to ride my sportbike in this awesome weather. Life is busy...

Thank you everyone for your patience,

LeaderOne

Attachments

• Calendar_Posters.jpg
    Calendar_Posters.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Ready_Card.jpg
    Ready_Card.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 173
I used one pic from an old Computer Game Review magazine as reference before WC3 was released.

That second picture is actually very nice :)

Both glad and despondent to hear you're being overwhelmed with PMs. You'll sure make a killing with what you've posted here!

Back