Ghost town

I'm around, its just so long since I did any mission programming I'm having to go over it again for myself (my memory is horrible) when I get to a point where I can be helpfull to standoff again I'll also start running the tutorials, the problem last time was in helping other people with their code, I can make the tutorials but replying to all the e-mails took much longer (I was impressed that many people signed up).

This time I'll just be posting them on the web, but give me a while to get my brain running again.

We definitely could use more coders working on Standoff. Anyone with even the most basic WCPPas skills would probably be helpful already, but I don't think there's many people around which fit that description (if you do, please, contact me! :D)

Don't worry about assisting me with personal e-mails. I am sure there are plenty of people at this forum could know enough to assist me.

Hey! If by reading the tutorials I can be helpful (I doubt it, but anyway) count on me!

Ronald

Eder said:
We definitely could use more coders working on Standoff. Anyone with even the most basic WCPPas skills would probably be helpful already, but I don't think there's many people around which fit that description (if you do, please, contact me! :D)

If only somebody would finish the tutorial...
WCPPas is easy enough, but at this point I lack a proper manual/some more in depth examples to get more then simple simulator missions working. Sides that I'd volunteer to do some stuff...

Well, if you could email me an example of a mission you've (tried to? ;)) code, then I could take a look at it and see how much you do know. If you've got the basics right, it's good enough... Any of the more advanced stuff is no problem, since Quarto could answer most questions quickly via the Standoff mailing list, providing examples and instructions on the functions that aren't documented anywhere else. Worst comes to worst, you could lay out the basic aspects of the mission, and someone else could polish it up and debug it.

Yeah, that seems like it could work. Anyone interested in trying their hand at coding stuff for Standoff, email me the source code to one of the missions you've done/tried to do, or whip up some quick mission based on what you've already learned from Pedro's tutorials and the WCPPas documentation. Just mail standoff(at)solsector(dot)net. If you know the basics, that's good enough... the more advanced stuff will get added gradually with us helping you out. There's some stuff really specific to Standoff anyway (like Mario's keypress command patch, or the counting of how many ships the player's carrier has left), so it's not like anyone would know these unless they are working with us.

If only I could code worth a damn...

Why not copy/paste this over at standoff?

I am certain that some people will be interested.

Some mode teams, namely those at NWN (the dragonlance guys) sent a note over at 50 colleges with game-devellopment classes. They got something like 20+ applicants and put them all to work. Some of them even got jobs at gaming companies. I do not know whether something good may come out of this, but why the hell not?

Andropolos said:
Why not copy/paste this over at standoff?
Ah, I doubt that anyone who knows WCPPas programming doesn't check UE's forums at least as regularly as they check Standoff's. There's probably only half a dozen people out there who can help us, and since UE is a much more "famous" mod, and since the UE team had all the most important WCPPas programmers in it, anyone interested in WCPPas would probably come here first anyway.

Back