Future NASA designs

Should NASA build Dragon or Morning Star-like designs instead of the bulky crap?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Whatever works.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Wulf

Vice Admiral
Who would want NASA to build ships like the Dragon or the Morning Star instead of the bulky crap?

why ask why?

Dude, this is a poll of what YOU think. Personally, I would want to spend my taxes on something a little more kickass than a bubble-dome ship or something.

Well, I kinda wrote it wrong to what I was thinking. Im sure NASA would make dragons if they could, but I would see why they would use shuttles more often sense they can hold more crew and equipment.

eder

u know what? im just having fun here, so maybe it is pointless, eder. but who needs u or anyone to tell me that? so get off my ass!:mad:

I wanna see NASA's X-33 come out. It supposedly can make it to any point in the world in 15 minutes. It also can do something like Mach 30, no joke (Considering Spaceshuttles have to hit Mach 33 for escape velocity)

BTW, the forum is not pointless!
I belived that if NASA had some more money, (like it did in the cold war) it would have built ships similar to WingCommander's ideas and of everyother spacesimulator....
Think about it....In the 60s and 70s NASA was able to reach the moon! this in few years of mission and space ship projecting. Now NASA after 30 years has not yet done significantly improvement (and ESA hasn't too!)

Re: eder

Originally posted by Wulf
u know what? im just having fun here, so maybe it is pointless, eder. but who needs u or anyone to tell me that? so get off my ass!:mad:

Calm down, Wulf. When I said this poll was pointless, what I meant is that everyone would obviously like to see NASA develop some cool looking spaceships... but just like Ghost, I don't see a reason why they would do that. I mean... some people aren't even glad that their tax money is being used to develop more useful ships like the current NASA projects, I can only imagine what those people would think about financing better-looking ships! :(

--Eder

Wulf, even though this thread is useless...

...I'm going to explain something to you. The "bulky crap" you talk about it's the most advanced spacecraft there is. That "bulky crap" is the result of years of research and testing. For us to have that "bulky crap" people had to DIE. I think you saw one too many Sci-Fi movies and now you can't separate fiction from reality. Do you also think that Nasa should build a gigantic space cannon instead of the international space station ? 20 years ago nobody would even dream of americans and russians (along with many more nations) working in such a fantastic project. We're are taking the first steps to reach the universe, have some respect for it .

Re: Wulf, even though this thread is useless...

Originally posted by Shooter
...I'm going to explain something to you. The "bulky crap" you talk about it's the most advanced spacecraft there is. That "bulky crap" is the result of years of research and testing. For us to have that "bulky crap" people had to DIE. I think you saw one too many Sci-Fi movies and now you can't separate fiction from reality. Do you also think that Nasa should build a gigantic space cannon instead of the international space station ? 20 years ago nobody would even dream of americans and russians (along with many more nations) working in such a fantastic project. We're are taking the first steps to reach the universe, have some respect for it .

:: Pulls up sharply on Shooter's leash:: Whoa, there, big fella!...

Take it easy on the guy. He's just xpressing his preference for a more aesthetic look to NASA vehicles. The same aesthetic that brought you the tasty MiG-29 Fulcrum, F-22 Raptor, et al. Granted, aerodynamics had SOMETHING to do with such designs (and wouldn't be a consideration in space flight), but you must admit that today's aircraft look SO much cooler than the birds we had back in the beginning of the jet age.

Peace.

Re: Re: Wulf, even though this thread is useless...

Originally posted by Preacher

(...), but you must admit that today's aircraft look SO much cooler than the birds we had back in the beginning of the jet age.

(...)

Ow, I don't know. There were quite a couple of WW2 jet fighters (or planned fighetrs) that looked cool IMHO.

the F86-Saber was the best of all jets ever made for design, the F101 was a pretty cool plane too. the WW2 fighters were the most graceful though (prop not jets) the P-51, Supermarine Spitfire, all classics and very well designed

misunderstanding

Hey Shooter, look man I meant no disrespect to the people who died for our progress in space, and I was thrilled of international cooperation in space. I apologize if that's how I came across.

I guess what I said could be best understood like this, as an example...
Look at today's cars, I mean like a normal day-to-day car. They kinda have the same look to them, and seeing a new model on TV never impresses me much anymore because I am bored with the same boring look. This is why I love the PT Cruiser so much because it went back to those classic designs. The cars from the 50s especially had those 'wings' and other things built into them that had NO AERODYNAMIC SIGNIFICANCE, but they LOOKED COOL.

Same thing for space. Just because aerodynamics doesn't really matter in space, should we continue to build stuff like we just slapped a titanium shell around the vital parts and leave it that way? What I am saying is this: I personally would like a vehicle every bit as functional as any NASA design in the future, but I don't want to travel around in something that resembles a briefcase.;)

I like the Boeing JSF, myself. Sure, it looks like a flying whale...but I LIKE flying whales.

Thus, I like the X-33. Too bad the fuel tanks went screwy.

As for whether I want a Dragon, YES! Now kindly show me the dealer so I can flash-pack pizza box...er, never mind. :D;;;

Originally posted by Bloodfang

We're not in a process!:-D
Processo (Ita) = Trial (Eng)
Process (Eng) = Procedimento/ Processo (but not in the Law sense) (Ita) :D

And yeah, piloting a Morningstar-like shuttle would be cool... :D
Hey besides, the upcoming first ESA (European Space Agency, where my dad works, yay! :) ) shuttle, Hermes, looks a bit like the Morningstar itself...
Smaller of course... <g>

Back