Freespace2 and the WCMOD

Michael_A

Spaceman
Does anyone know where the Freespace2 WCmod went? I've tried for two days to go to the website and i'm getting a 404 error. I really want to keep up with this project since I cannot find Prophecy Gold with Secret Ops.

Mmmmmm Freespace 2... The graphics on it are so damned delicious! :p

Got this in a mail from Justin Gagné Bouchard :
amazon.co.uk is selling an ea bundle with wc rophecy gold at the great price of £18.99.
There are one or two EA game bundles out that include Prophecy Gold.

Yep, there's where I got back into this WC lark, although the package is selling in UK stores for a mere £9.99 (that's about $15US).

They were only released last year, so shouldn't be too hard to find, hopefully similar packages can be found in other parts of the world.

Sorry Kris, I tried buying that EA compilation package and it says it can't be sold to someone in the US. :(

SwiftAir WorldWide Countries outside Europe, normally 4-6 days from despatch - £7.20 Per Item
Worldwide Airmail Countries outside Europe, normally 7-12 days from despatch-Insured Deliver - £4.50 Per Item
WorldWide Registered Countries outside Europe, normally 7-12 days from despatch-Insured Deliver - £8.00 Per Item

Beat ya to it! Was already there...but the whole thing comes to over $30! I have to save up for DragonCon! :(

Originally posted by KrisV
SwiftAir WorldWide Countries outside Europe, normally 4-6 days from despatch - £7.20 Per Item
Worldwide Airmail Countries outside Europe, normally 7-12 days from despatch-Insured Deliver - £4.50 Per Item
WorldWide Registered Countries outside Europe, normally 7-12 days from despatch-Insured Deliver - £8.00 Per Item
Whaaa..? That's about HALF of what some of them guys on eBay asked me to ship to France, or even Canada!! Went around $20.00!!! :mad:

I'll never understand USPS fees! A bought a set of 5 WC novels from a bookstore in California, and they told me that shipping through economic class costed more than Air Mail!!
I asked them if it was a mistake, so they checked again, and "no, there was no mistake"... (!!!)

Other (most) people on eBay asked for only $6.00 for Canada, and $8.00 for France...
My guess is that they had some kind of international shipping card since they had a very high feedback, and therefore were doing a lot of transactions...

But still... $20.00 for the others!!! :(

Originally posted by KrisV
There are one or two EA game bundles out that include Prophecy Gold. [/B]

Does this game bundle by any chance include Westwood's Blade Runner and Dune 2000?

Originally posted by Penguin

Does this game bundle by any chance include Westwood's Blade Runner and Dune 2000? [/B]

Ive seen that pack at EB and im pretty sure that it only contains the original Prophecy , not the gold version. I'm not 100% sure though.

Which leads us straight back to the question - is there still life on "Freespace2-WCMod"? Or has the project been canceled? Does anybody know about the status of this mod?

I know! I know !, the mod has been dropped for a while! If anyone disputes this, I will laugh in their face! Imade the mod. I've reached the limit of my skills, I can't add turrets I've been asking for help with that for about 6 months, no one can, or will help me, so I've dropped the mod, all the latest files are onmy pc still, I'm gonna burn them on cd as a backup, but until I can add turrets, consider it dropped.

Commiserations, dude. You know, it seems to me that we have a heck of a lot of programming and development talent in the WC community (and even more enthusiasm) but it's spread too thin and amoung too many projects.

Best, Raptor

Thanks man, that's why I'm focusing all my efforts on the WCUniverse project, I don't understand why people would rather make mods instead of a new WC game, If everyone dropped their mods and helped us, we'd be finished a lot sooner, then we could work on the WC strategy game, we've got planned....

Yeah! I just don't understand why everybody hasn't given up the projects they were already working on to help you with yours!

I'm not trying to say that everyone should just dump their stuff and help me but we should begin to jion projects together which have the same goal ie, the strategy mods should join together and make a strategy game which everyone can use instead of just modding a game which only a few people can use.

I'd definitely help, but my programming knowledge is rather...limited. :( My Cat killing prowess is unlimited, however. :p

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yeah! I just don't understand why everybody hasn't given up the projects they were already working on to help you with yours!
Well, as Darkmage said, it seems that his project is the most near to a Privateer 3 kind of thing, which everyone would be able to play...

Hence the enthusiasm. :)

[Edited by mpanty on 06-28-2001 at 12:34]

Back