Freelancer

Originally posted by ChrisReid
If you have any idea how the game works though, that just doesn't make sense. You buy differen't AI upgrades for targeting and such. When you click on targets with the mouse, this AI goes after the enemy and does the combat for you. It sounds silly, but that's the premise of the combat. It's been like this since the very first details surfaced:
From GameSpot's preview: "Another interesting feature of the game is the interface. You will not play the game with a joystick. Instead, you control your ship with the mouse. Simulation veterans may cry foul at this apparent blasphemy, but the move to a mouse-driven interface will no doubt make the game that much more accessible for the mass market."

Thats alot like Earth and Beyond. :(

hehehe chris said it in the interview quote and I'm doing it...
BLASPHEMEY! tis one thing to add mouse support... tis another to completely cut the joystick! I can't really see how we'll be entertained by a game where all you do is buy/sell and click on stuff... sounds VERY crap

Originally posted by Darkmage
hehehe chris said it in the interview quote and I'm doing it...
BLASPHEMEY! tis one thing to add mouse support... tis another to completely cut the joystick! I can't really see how we'll be entertained by a game where all you do is buy/sell and click on stuff... sounds VERY crap

It sounds like Diablo, which is one of the most succesful games in history.

Now, I'm not fantastically excited about Freelancer -- but you have to give them credit for trying something *different*. Wing Commander: In Space! has been done to death, and they're trying to revitalize the genre... lets wait to pass judgement until we've played the game.

ok, I'll wait... but after playing earth and beyond.... my confidence in mouse based SFS games is basically nonexistant.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

It sounds like Diablo, which is one of the most succesful games in history.

Yep, and if my opponent really pisses me off, my barbarian will soon be out of the cockpit to Whirlwind his ass!

Back