FreeDO and Super Wing Commander problem

kamiry

Spaceman
Hello,

I just got a Super Wing Commander copy from ebay and try to get it work with FreeDO, but FreeDO seems can't work with this game properly.

I got the following problem :
- Kind of slow as video and audio something keep breakinh up.
- No respond when press the correct key on keyboard.

Here is my PC config :
CPU : AMD 2500+
Display : ATI 9500 64MB
RAM : 1.25G MB

Anyone please help ?
Thanks a lot!
:confused:

I don'T have the probs with video and audio, but I pressing any keys doesn't work for me either.
Would like to know how others got arround that prob :(

heya gents, well...i can tell you that one minute i had that very problem, the next...i didn't. it was really wierd.

i still get some graphical/video glitches. i'm running a 3.4 gig intel ht, gig o' ram, and 128mb 9800 pro card.

but yeah, the keyboard thing...it didnt work, then it did, and it has since. i dont get it.

hi everybody,
I just recently got the game and I am having the same keyboard problem. In fact nothing happens there is the in game video running endlessly with new game and continue buttons flashing on the bottom of the screen. Did anybody tried to use a joypad or mouse to bypass the problem? I am not very familiar with the freedo emulator but I will try to post a question on the site forum too.

which is better, the mac or the 3do version, i have a G3 lying around, no 3DO, which one should i order?

(for how much goes a 3DO these days?)

Mace said:
which is better, the mac or the 3do version, i have a G3 lying around, no 3DO, which one should i order?

(for how much goes a 3DO these days?)

I think the two versions are quite similar, and maybe the mac version may be a little better thanks to the hd support. I believe buying the game first and running under your G3 might prove useful. And the price of a 3do depends on where you are trying to buy it. For example in France, the machine is like a relic so the price is a little high (around 150 euros) but there are still good price from time to time on ebay :)
By the way you cant try the freedo emulator for 3do, its quite easy to use but the super wing commander game is not working properly for now. :( anybody has a progression on the solution of the problem?

Any update on the freedo keyboard issue? I to have the same prob. Did the freedo forum give a reply?

I just got it working, though I tried so many things Im not sure exactly what did it. I THINK it was setting the controls while the game is running during the intro, instead of setting them before playing the game.

Unregistered said:
Any update on the freedo keyboard issue? I to have the same prob. Did the freedo forum give a reply?
I got the keys working ok now, but I had to configure controller 2, not 1 :rolleyes: !!
Unfortunately, mouse or joystick doesn't work, wich makes some mission a bit hard, and the sound is still choppy (speed not at 100%)

Greetings from Italy!

Finished!
The emulation isn't perfect (sound and graphical glitches, not 100% speed with lots of enemy... and no joypad) but I really enjoyed this game!

Confed, I had the exact same problem. Same solution too.
Configure the 2nd controller not the 1st then it works fine. :D
I set the 1st controller to mouse and deselected keyboard, and then deselected mouse for controller 2 and set the keyboard up. Works a treat.

Does anyone know if it's possible to safe, or how to load your savegames? I never managed to click the continue-button :-(

ok, I have some news. There's a russian version of freedo which has continued development beyond the freedo.org website version. it claims to be version 0.35.1 It's a LOT faster, and WC3 is playable. Unfortunately the movies come out with wrong colours but the ingame 3d and most of the ship interior is drawn properly. it should be able to run Super Wing Commander quite well.

Any links? I just found this one called FreeDO Alpha 2.02:
http://www.aep-emu.de/PNphpBB2-file-printview-t-11693.html

It's in russian laguage and has some sort of mouse-support, but in the case of SWC the sound is worse then in FreeDO 1.9.

Was anyone able to save AND load his old games?

Btw: I found a cheat-code which brings up a hidden menue. There you can set invulnerability, and you can watch all the movies (for those who just want so see the fluff):
When you are in the lounge, hold X (select) and press B, B, C, C, A, A = funny sound. Now hold L+R and press P (start)

Back