Fox May Revive 'Futurama'

Bandit LOAF said:
(In terms of how the ordinary Saturday morning cartoon runs, the general idea is that the first season is a small number of episodes because of the expense involved... and then if that's profitable, a second season with a large number of episodes is made with the aim of having enough to be able to rerun the show daily.)

Christ, look at ExoSquad. Season 1 was a mere 13 episodes and then Season 2 was three times that! (And despite a couple of emails to Will Meugniot, he's never said what the hell the last episode was leading up to)

LeHah said:
I don't see how you can judge anyone or any particular group.

The question is if there's absolute and universal moral rules, or, in another words, if right and wrong exist, or if it's all a matter of opinion and context.

LeHah said:
Family Guy is neither as intelligent nor as funny as most people suspect.

Couldn't agree more. Much of the humor seems to go along the lines of... something happens... and bam... something else unrelated happens. For example, raccons popping out of random places (like shirts) for no reason at all. I don't see how that can possibly be regarded as funny. On the other hand, Family Guy did have some funny lines eg. "Santa can't be black, we don't fear him."

As for futurama, now thats a show I really enjoyed. I really hope fox brings it back.

As for BSG, while for the most part I like it, there are some parts of it I cannot stand, such as how the cylons download (even though upload would be the right term) consciousness to another after death. On the other hand, the holodecks and replicators in Star Trek were quite a bit more stupid.

Somebody claimed family guy was intelligent? Hah no, even the show admits its on the lowest level possible... but it is damned funny, hell I've fallen out of my chair laughing at that show. Timing is just spot on, its hard to say why its funny, perhaps its only due to more relaxed censorship but a laugh is a laugh.

Delance said:
Well, being acceptable in that country doesn't make it right, and we finding it barbaric doesn't make it wrong. Morality is more that what the avarege joe feels, or what's acceptable on a given society, or else there's no morality at all.

That's a debate for a completely different topic, IMHO. I think I could make the argument that morality is based entirely off religious values and that the religious make up of a country determines its overall morality as to what is or is not acceptable. Acceptable morals are the product of the vocal majority regardless of their stance.

Billy West writes...

Here's the official word on Futurama!!
David X. phoned me about an hour ago and said that this Futurama project
is a done deal! Here's the word from DX---
There are 4 DVD movies that we'll start recording at the end of July or
August.Full feature length FUTURAMA movies.
Everybody is excited to get back together--as I am!

Into the Future,
Billy

Back