For all german secret ops fans!

Yep, well, 47% of the area of south america is Brasil... And apart from the ghost countries that are the Guianas, we have only spanish left in SA.
Central America mixes a lot of languages, though.

Aside from Brasil, portuguese is spoken on portugal (duh), a few african countries (Angola and Moçambique comes to mind) and some cities in the far east. But the 190million Brazillians are more than enough =)

Sordid said:
I don't get the point with the "customized fiction"
so tell me...

Ok, there are 7 or 8 different mission series in SO. After each serie (about 4 missions) you get a CGI cutscene.
Originally (in the downloaded version) this cutscene would NOT appear, but instead you'd get a screen that tells you a password. There are two possibilities for this password. One if you won that missions, one if you lost them (or respectively the one important mission of the set).
Then when the next episode was released you saw the custscene, could again play 3-4 missions and got again a password.

In the WCPG version you don't ever see that passwords. So you can only click on the respective fiction in the online fiction (originally there was a textbox to enter your password as well - you can see that version in my offline fiction package). What you get is a neutral fiction that doesn't take your performance into account.

So for example if you killed the enemy destroyer in the DL version you got a "congrats on killing that ship" in the fiction. If you didn't make it you got a "damn we should really have gotten that one". The default fiction just doesn't mention that destroyer at all or just says that one was encountered, but doesn't go into detail. Just a minor detail, but a loss for the commercial version anyhow.

BTW: You can install the episodes on the WCPG version of SO and get the passwords that way if you still have that episodes from the web release...

EA Germany insisted that the fiction be left out of WCP:Gold... no one has been able to explain specifically why, though it caused an uproar at Origin back in '98. They'd developed a fiction viewer similar to what Karl came up with, and were forced to leave it out of the published game.

Back