Fleet Actions

Originally posted by Hobbie
Speaking of books, I remember that it was posted awhile back that someone had put Heart of the Tiger and Freedom Flight up for download. I looked through the archives and searched, but to no avail. Does anyone else remember these and/or know where they are?

Why don't you try BUYING them? Much easier. I got most of my WC books for around 2-3 dollars, including End Run.

The WC novels are not that easy to get...

Well, there's Freedom Flight, Fleet Action, Heart of the Tiger, and False Colors which are still available on Amazon.com...

Price of Freedom is available on Chapters.ca...

For End Run and Action Stations you'd have to buy from the "used books" section of Amazon... or do some book hunting in "used books" stores in your area... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 07-13-2001 at 08:22]

or do some book hunting in "used books" stores in your area...

I've found 3 copies of End Run that way (bought 2 of them).

Funny WC/used book store-related story. Summer of '99, back before the WC movie had grown on me, I sold my WCM novelization (as well as a bunch of other old books I never read anymore) to the used book store where I got End Run. A few months later, I realized my mistake and raced back to the store and, thank Sivar, the book was still there and I bought it back!

Okay, that wasn't so funny...

I am amused by that story. Esp considering my Dad's a librarian! :D

I thought the WC books were pretty easy to find. I got them all (except Action Stations and Pilgrim Stars, which I just happened to find in a store), off Amazon.com. I just bought used copies. You can usually find a few of each novel on there in the used section. My Price of Freedom cost me a dollar, End Run cost me 3 dollars (just a small spine crease), and the other one I remember is Freedom Flight cost me 3 dollars. I won Fleet Action, thanks to the CIC guys and their wonderful anniversary party.

Good job, Ladiesman, for winning (IMO) the best of the WC books! :D

Look for a possible raffle during DragonCon ;)

I have all books accept Freedom Flight and Heart of the Tiger, I plan to get HotT today, maybe Freedom Flight, too.

HotT is a fantastic read! Probably my second fav, along with False Colors. :)

Am I in the minority when I say I didn't think HotT was that great? I mean, I liked Kevin and Jason's inclusion, but it was kind of dull for the most part, IMHO.

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 07-13-2001 at 22:11]

Hmm, I rather liked HotT because I think it caught the atmosphere of the game wuite well.
But I fear I am the only one to find ER to be rather bad...

Err, sorry, you want to hear why I found ER bad? (not sure what you want)

Mostly I didn't like it because the Kilrathi are described as utter idiots and very despisable people. And the victory the Terrans achieve is just too big. And the fact that they desacred a holy site of the Kilrathi angered me.

Also, I'd like a WC novel which is not a total suicidal mission which then succeeds miraclously.
Don't take me wrong, I like most of the WC nvels, they are an enjoyable read but they are too heroish, if you know what I mean.

Yes, but all the time? And always totally hopeless and then rescue in the last minute? <g>
It's 5 o'clock in the morning in Germany, I might want to go to bed now, though I am still scared by that Harkonnen griffin you gave me to think about... :( :)

Back