Fleet Actions

Hobbie

Spaceman
I just finished Fleet Action and I had some questions about stuff in it.

1. What is the deal with the Mantu? Are they at all related to the Nephilium? They get made into a fairly large deal, so I am guessing they are important.

2. There is a reference to superweapon (a dreadnought with a large energy weapon)- reminds me of the Behemoth. But they also say that it is heavily armored and armed (both of which the Behemoth isn't). What is the deal with this?

[Edited by Hobbie on 07-08-2001 at 23:24]

The Mantu are not the Nephilim, that was made quite clear in the Prophecy manual. They're just a race that the Cats fear will come back (they had a war that ended in a draw with them some years back) and whup 'em.

That's the Omega, the superweapon you're referring to. I'm not sure what that is, and nothing was ever really done with it afterwards.

No wonder I don't know too much about the Nephilium- Prophecy is the only game I haven't played. Is there a copy of the Prophecy manual online so I could check it out?

There's no online ICIS (WCP Manual). But if you search the CZ there was a thread about a month ago about aliens... I posted a bunch of quotations from ICIS about the Mantu.

TC

Fleet Action that was a great book. It really is too bad that there has been no new Wing Commander books like that. But then again I liked all of them....I just wish they made some more

Well, Razer, you might never know what will happen... ;)

[hums Skee-Lo song]

I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller,
I wish for a new Wing Commander novel...

Whoa, d'you think he has a rabbit in a hat with a bat too? :D

But let's stop here... [close thread alarm sounds]

TC, does Blacklance.org have WC2's manual online too?

Yes, TC also make a copy of the Wing Commander II manual. Try going through the archives to find the update about it. It was a few months ago...

Yep, Prophecy the book would be interesting to read. It cannot be, that most games have a book beside them, but that one/two with SO, not.

Yeah, we need new games, too, before anything else.

If we do see new WC games, though, I hope that they continue the Prophecy story, but not right off the bat. It would probably be smart to release an unrelated WC game, maybe one taking place in the early days of the Galactic War or something, and then go ahead with the WCP sequel once people are interested in WC.

Hey, if that works, we could see new novels!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a pipe dream.

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 07-10-2001 at 11:09]

Speaking of books, I remember that it was posted awhile back that someone had put Heart of the Tiger and Freedom Flight up for download. I looked through the archives and searched, but to no avail. Does anyone else remember these and/or know where they are?

I remember downloading HotT from the CIC, it was in the news section awhile back. I remember something posted after it saying that Freedom Flight or Action Stations were available too. No one else remembers this? I know I downloaded HotT.

Back