Fleet Action -> Kilrathi dreadnoughts

Originally posted by Bob McDob
I understood they took a cat into space and it freaked out the whole time

I believe it was attempting to contact it's alien cousins through a form of telepathy. We're expecting a Kilrathi invasion any day now. :)

Originally posted by LeHah

The problem with that statement is that your not giving Maniac enough credit. He has an insane amount of flying skill, he's a damned good pilot who could probably fly rings around you and me if he was real. It's not all luck. It's his flying style that gets others into trouble.
But luck will get you out of trouble that skill whont.
I'd rather be lucky than good.:D

Originally posted by Wedge009
What effect? Taking animals into space? I understand that a Russian dog was the first creature in space. They also put a monkey too. Spiders, and presumably plenty others... except maybe not an elephant. :eek:

The dog was Laika and she died in the space or burned in the re-entry, i cant remember which one.

Originally posted by Ghost

The dog was Laika and she died in the space or burned in the re-entry, i cant remember which one.

I've heard burn up.
the USSR did not care if the animals survived after they hit space.

Originally posted by Battler Hawke
But luck will get you out of trouble that skill whont.
I'd rather be lucky than good.:D

Apparently you're looking for a quick life in Confed and a sudden death in the field.

Some say it's better to be lucky than good.

Others say it's better to be good than lucky.

I say it's better to be good AND lucky.

Originally posted by LeHah

Apparently you're looking for a quick life in Confed and a sudden death in the field.
not if you make your own luck.
the only luck I want is to be the last person standing after a fight.
the only honor and luck i want is to be alive and in one peace at the end of the war.by any means that come my way or i arang to better my chance of servival.look to hienlens most populer char for my sci-fi hero Lazeras Long.

iirc, the old quote goes...

"Its better to be lucky and alive than skilled and dead."

Although I could be mistaken.

Skilled people make their own luck.

We know whales can live in space because Star Trek told us so. :)

Originally posted by Battler Hawke
not if you make your own luck.

How do you make your own luck? THROUGH SKILL!

Look to hienlens most populer char for my sci-fi hero Lazeras Long.

Also, please look for a dictionary and the Caps Lock key on your keyboard.

Getting back towards the beginning of this thread before we got to cooking cookies, I was wondering a little soemthing. This is probably the simplest question on Earth, but being uneducated as I am, I must ask. Did Confed ever have a dreadnaught class ship? More than one? I mean I've seen the Kilrathi Dreadnaught, the Nephilim Dreadnaught, and perhaps somewhere on this site or another there's a description of the Confed Dreadnaught I never knew of, and I'm just too lazy to go find it. Sooooo... do tell please.

IIRC there was a Black-Ops (or some other faction inside the Confed) Dreadnought called Omega Dreadnought, it was from one of the books, but i can´t remember from which one.

There's the Confederation class Dreadnought, the Behemoth class Dreadnought and the "Omega Project", which would have been a new class of ship... it wouldn't have entered service during the war.

Thought: A possible candidate for the Omega is the Cerberus -- it's small, stealthy and carries a powerful weapon.

I don't think anybody said anything about expecting to win the war with the Omega project. It was just an idea hidden in the same way as the Kilrathi Hakagas...

The Hades class cruiser is an excellent platform, albiet with very little imagination. i could beat every one of the kilrathi capships easily, of course counting on the fact that they only had laser cannons...

Back