Fleet Action -> Kilrathi dreadnoughts

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Thought: A possible candidate for the Omega is the Cerberus -- it's small, stealthy and carries a powerful weapon.

I'm fairly sure I read about a self-sustaining carrier that went behind Kilrathi lines on a search and destroy mission through a previously unknown jump node in Victory streak, it said that no contact had been recieved from the carrier since, I thought that this carrier was the "Omega Project"?

Yes, that is in VS. When I read it first I thought it was the Lexington from Armada, then I thought it was Angel's mission.

Originally posted by Battler Hawke

not if you make your own luck.
the only luck I want is to be the last person standing after a fight.
the only honor and luck i want is to be alive and in one peace at the end of the war.by any means that come my way or i arang to better my chance of servival.look to hienlens most populer char for my sci-fi hero Lazeras Long.

now i must say I cannot yell at you because you brought up my presonal hero just ingeneral Woodrow Wilson Smith aka Lazarus Long aka Ernest Gibons aka Arron Shefield aka Happy Daze, aka Lafe Hubert aka Ted Bronson, ect ect ad nauseum.

Never played armada either... Are the capaigns in armada structured along with a storyline? I know you can play as either confed or kilrathi. So it's not just straight action and strategy is it? Just wondering.

AD

Nice to have you back, Supdon. We missed your sense of humor and your heat vision. :)

no, its a large carrier bith big turrets and 1 antiship gun and heavy shields, a dreadnought would whack it in a 1vs1 fight

I don't think it has one "main" gun as such, but does have decent anti-ship weapons. It really did a number on the BW frigates at the end of WC4, though if the BWers frigates are as old as their fighters, that isn't saying much. :D

Best, Raptor

no, i saw the official schematics for its class, it had 1 antiship gun just below the bridge, although it didn't show up in the game

Vesuvius stats. No "anti-ship gun".

Vesuvius class Heavy Carrier
Length: 1,600 m
Mass: 250,000 tonnes
Y/P/S: 6/6/6 dps
Max. Speed: 150 kps
Cru. Speed: 100 kps
Weapons -
(14) Anti-Matter Gun
(16) Single Mass-Driver Turret
(24) Dual-Laser Turret
(2) Torpedo Tube