Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Around 60 years

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Or Atleast somewhere around 200 years

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters
Re: Re: Ender's Game

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

It would seem, however I don't know, that FTL would be more feasible than FTT. I mean, we already know the speed of light, and have theories about how to do FTL. But FTT is still a total mystery. We don't know if time even does "move". Perhaps time is simply a thing we have created. Time may simply be a "sense". We can sense the passing of time. That doesn't mean it's moving, or has a speed. We just think it does. Then again, it might very well have a speed.

But i've still got to say, with what we know at this moment, FTL seems more feasible than FTT.

Now if speed is measured in timeframes and we're not even certain about what time is, how reliable will those hypotheses be? Hence the thought that this mystery will need solving before we can ever tackle the FTL problems

Re: Re: Re: Ender's Game

Originally posted by Stormbird

Now if speed is measured in timeframes and we're not even certain about what time is, how reliable will those hypotheses be? Hence the thought that this mystery will need solving before we can ever tackle the FTL problems

Hmmm...I thought speed was measured in "framerates"
:D

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

Also, we should work on expanding into the oceans. The Earth is more water than land, and if we can learn to live in that water..either on it or under it..we will have little overpopulation problems.

But it seems more practical if we figured out a way to create a device that could draw oxygen from water, enabling us to create vast underwater cities that are pretty much self sufficient.

1) Sounds like the premise for a few games I can recall (anyone recall "Archimedean Dynasty"?)

2) We have those, ummm, "devices": they're called "gills" :D

Originally posted by Wedge009
Preacher, I think most people have already made their decision regarding what you've posted, it's just a pity that too often the decision is based on incomplete information and/or incorrect stereotypes. Nevertheless, it's best to avoid such topics here.

1) Perhaps, but the best thing is, if you've chosen NOT to choose (or, if you've chosen the wrong path--which gives essentially the same result), you have another chance!. That's why I'm such a hopeful bloke: You have until your last breath, if need be, to choose correctly (now, if we could only know WHEN that's gonna be---oh, wait: I don't think I'd wanna know).

2) What do you expect from a guy named Preacher? ;)

3) After today's attacks, you can expect to see the "topic" brought up quite a lot in the press & in everyday conversations. The truism holds: "There are no athiests in foxholes"

If we did discover a way to go faser-than-light,it, more than likely, will not be by literaly breaking the light barrier.

Back