Finally! Wing Commander books have arrived!

i too have all of the books, and it took me a while to locate them. Especially "Action Stations"

i read them in the following order, as mentioned earlier, as the books were published. if anyone asks, "Fleet Action" was my favorite

Freedom Flight
End Run
Fleet Action
Heart of the Tiger
The Price of Freedom
Action Station
False Colors

i too have all of the books, and it took me a while to locate them. Especially "Action Stations"

i read them in the following order, as mentioned earlier, as the books were published. if anyone asks, "Fleet Action" was my favorite

Freedom Flight
End Run
Fleet Action
Heart of the Tiger
The Price of Freedom
Action Station
False Colors

I probably read them in a similar order, as I bought them in the order they were published. Still, if I had to do it over again, I would move False Colors before POF, as it discusses Bellasarius and Tolwyn's reassignment to Confed.

Going slightly off-topic, I was taking a look through Action Stations about a month ago, and saw this quote by the 'pseudo-author' during the Prologue:

"This novel is a companion piece to my yet-to-be-completed study of the beginning of the war."

I construed that comment to mean one of two things: either Forstchen was trying to add flavor to the novel by showing the 'pseudo-author' was a historian, or perhaps it was a hint that they were planning on having him write another novel set during the early days of the war, in the same style as AS. Given that we never saw such a novel, or even heard about one, I guess that it wasn't the latter case.

I construed that comment to mean one of two things: either Forstchen was trying to add flavor to the novel by showing the 'pseudo-author' was a historian, or perhaps it was a hint that they were planning on having him write another novel set during the early days of the war, in the same style as AS. Given that we never saw such a novel, or even heard about one, I guess that it wasn't the latter case.

Forstchen didn't really have plans for more Wing Commander novels, but Andrew Keith did. You can read about them at
https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/7802
https://www.wcnews.com/articles/art58.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Back