Finally! Wing Commander books have arrived!

LarkInFlight

Rear Admiral
Guys! Guys! I want to boast a little! :D
Today 4 “new” Wing Commander books arrived. The collection of books I wanted to have is now complete!

Those came from US to Britain (hard to find those in Britain too) and finally to Poland. It was so hard to get them.. I’m very happy I finally have my collection completed, now I have to read it..

I received: Action Stations, Heart of the Tiger, Price of freedom and False colors.

I already had and read: Freedom Flight, End Run and Fleet Action.

I know it has been probably asked before but.. in what order you would recommend to read the entire collection?

(hope my thread will not be deleted as unimportant, hell.. it’s important event to me!) :p

If you want to read them in chronological order - continuity-wise - then start with Action Stations, Heart of the Tiger, False Colors, and then Price of Freedom.

Congratulations!

I don't think this thread is going anywhere.

My recommendation would be to read all the novels in order of release date as opposed to in-universe chronological order. There are somethings that continue from book to book and it would probably be a bit weird to read them out of publishing order.

I thought MannPower was right.. Shouldn't Action stations be the first one? I also thought False colors were before Price of freedom..

It is, Larkin. I think you may have misread Dundradal.

He was saying to read them in order of publishing date, as opposed to in-canon timeline (which I listed in my previous post.)

I'd probably also go with Dundradal's suggestion to read them in order of their publishing date, but either way: enjoy! :)

Space Point

Congrats, I really envy you.

I agree with Dundradal; Action Stations shouldn't be read until later - it's actually set between False Colors and WCIV, afterall. :) It's just that 99% of the book is in 2634. You've already read Freedom Flight, End Run and Fleet Action, so any order should be fine...

(Action Stations is a prequel, but it also relies on knowledge gained from those three books.)

Aha. I haven't read Action Stations - another book I'm having trouble getting my hands on.

As per Dundradal's post and LOAF's affirmation, discount my suggestion. ;)

Congrats. My copy of fleet action actually just had an accident. It toured with me round Japan safely tucked into the front pocket of my bag. Until this accident, despite its age and having been read it was in perfect condition, but I closed the zip of the pocket too fast and tore the cover quite badly :(
Oh well, there are worse zips to close with too much haste... I suppose.

Funny thing is: I bought my "End Run" copy in old bookshop in Plymouth (UK) by pure luck. I came across it looking for interesting books to read.. I had no idea that I can find THAT interestiong books there.. heh heh.. :)

I'm UK based and the book wasn't as widely distributed around here

If you can't find a seller internationally, maybe you can arange to have someone on the CZ in North america or somewhere else it is available to buy in any they could ship to you. Some sellers will ship international if you contact them and ask if specific arangements can be made. Cost would be a factor though so it also depends on what you are willing to spend for it.

End Run has long been my favorite of them all followed by an extremely close second by False Colors. I've always thought of Bondarevsky as an equal to Blair in terms of success and fame, save that Bear had specific orders not to attack Kilrah proper :)

He is my favorite character and as things played out I had recently finished SO1 when I got a hold of the novels. I devoured Freedom Flight and then moved into End Run. I was reunited with Bondarevsky, who initially hadn't made too much of an impact on me and now he was the WC of the Tarawa. It just went from there. Bondarevsky's WCPedia entry is a pet project of mine as well. I've only gotten to the very start of the Raid at Kilrah, but so far I think I've done a fair job of recapping his impressive history.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't find a seller internationally, maybe you can arange to have someone on the CZ in North america or somewhere else it is available to buy in any they could ship to you. Some sellers will ship international if you contact them and ask if specific arangements can be made. Cost would be a factor though so it also depends on what you are willing to spend for it.

Have tried. Sadly the final factor you mentioned, the cost, has prevented me till recently as being a bartender doesn't pay much. Being the Deputy Manager of the bar however does so I'm looking again now :D

Back