Ferrets

Sabre

Spaceman
I have been wondering this for a long time, so I just need someone to clear it up for me: is it pronounced "ferr-et" like the animal, or is it "ferr-ay?"

Originally posted by Sabre
I have been wondering this for a long time, so I just need someone to clear it up for me: is it pronounced "ferr-et" like the animal, or is it "ferr-ay?"
ferret (fair' - it)

I know. Ferrets were cool. I like them better than Arrows or Hornets. Only problem is, they aren't very heavily armed. I guess that is what you get with a Patrol Fighter.

Yep, Ferrets were likeable ships. Despite their lack of missiles (except the Super ferrets, of course) I found her Mass drivers to be quite effective due to their fast fire rate.

P.S.. I didn't want to imply that you don't know what a Ferret is. It was just because you stated you found it an odd name for a fighter whereas I find it quite fitting. ;)

Yeah, you're right, though I had to think a bit who said it. :)
Shadow knew what she said.
Wonder if she had survived in a heavier ship like the Rapier...

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 07-09-2001 at 17:17]

Untrue I think I would prefer an Epee over say a Dralthi Mark 2, anything with an ejection system is better than without it

Raptors rule!!! (At least in this era). I hated Ferrets. Don't ask me why, something just rubbed me wrong about them. Raptors, on the other hand were nice. Take down a cat in one well aimed burst...The swerving was cool, too.

Ferrets are great fighters, Super Ferrets are even greater! :)
I'll take a Ferret over an Epee or a Broadsword or Crossbow any day! (true, taking a Ferret out on a bombing mission might not cause the same "impact" on the enemy, but hey, who cares about the mission, we're talking about the ships :D)

--Eder

Huh? Why? Nothing in that post was supposed to sound insane... so it must be my half-baked english classes preventing me from expressing myself correctly again...

--Eder

English is full-baked, Eder...always remember that.

Saber was my favorite, the Morningstar a close second...despite the fact that I never could use the mace to break up close formations like I was supposed to (though I did it in WC4...). It was fast, very well shielded, and it had a decent punch. The Saber was a bit better armored, and had a bigger punch...it really depended on the mission.

I'm pretty sure it's Sabre, as in Sabre, or...aw, ferget it.

Ferrets were nice, I just found them kinda...boring. Maybe's it's just because I suck so much. :D

Back