FC 1.5 Status

Just one thing, though. If people really want to make their own exclusive briefings with the mission editor, I will be glad to write up on how to do that. It's a work in progress right now. I'll send it to you by e-mail when I am done.

Huh, using the mission editor to make briefings? You've done this?

The turrets do turn a bit at odd times, but they don't do much more than a twitch of motion. Mission editor to make briefings....that shouldn't be possible without serious errors. That would be like the difference between Italian and Spainish. Show me the briefing that was created, I have got to see this...

Eddie, :eek: *gasp* you triple-posted...

:p just poking at ya...

I did make some mission briefings (partially) with the mission editor. The rest was done by hand editing with Dreamweaver and Notepad.

EDIT:
Iceblade, this is a picture of the briefing that I made with the mission editor
enyo2briefing.png

I will be saying how to use the tools together, although you'll only have to use one at a time. Dreamweaver is actually optional, since it's mostly a text editor.

The tutorial will probably be divided into two or three parts.

This is what I've planned so far:

Part 1 - In the mission editor.
Part 2 - The briefing file.

I'm done part 1, but Part 2 is not near completion.

With that said, I'm hoping it will help.

Oh that's ok, I think I see what you're doing. No need to write it up. Maybe someday I'll change the mission editor to help out with the briefings too.

Oh that's ok, I think I see what you're doing. No need to write it up. Maybe someday I'll change the mission editor to help out with the briefings too.

...Which reminds me. I'm curious about the image of the mission editor that you have up on your site. The one in the image had a button that said "Edit Briefing," what did it do?

...Which reminds me. I'm curious about the image of the mission editor that you have up on your site. The one in the image had a button that said "Edit Briefing," what did it do?

Not much, it either did nothing or was a glorified text editor, I don't remember.

:confused: I have an idea for you eddie. I have seen the mission briefings on all of the missions you started with and some of my own, but what if you made it so you go to a nav point, and you got there, you could just make the enemies... disappear in the briefing? Then at the end it says "Briefing Concluded. Press space bar to fly"
that would be awesome

:confused: I have an idea for you eddie. I have seen the mission briefings on all of the missions you started with and some of my own, but what if you made it so you go to a nav point, and you got there, you could just make the enemies... disappear in the briefing? Then at the end it says "Briefing Concluded. Press space bar to fly"
that would be awesome

I like it this is a great idea. I'll definitely squeeze it in before the next release. It's great to see you guys finally use the briefings, not much attention has been paid to it, but now I think it's a good place to expand a bit. It really hasn't been updated in quite a few releases.

what if you made it so you go to a navpoint, and you got there, you could just make the enemies... disappear in the briefing?

What I meant by this was the enemies are in the navpoint, but like in Prophecy, you arrived and you would stay at that nav for a second and then the red ships would disappear. I have one more suggestion, I have noticed that when you tell a ship to autopilot in the briefing, it goes from start to finish with you. I'd like to see you go to a nav point and "pick-up" extra ships in the briefing. As in you go to a nav point, and you get there they jump to your left, right, etc. and join your wing.

Guys, most of this briefing stuff was scripted in Prophecy. With all these new requests, it's more and more likely that briefings will be scripted. Are you ok with that? That may mean you need to move the cameras around yourself, do more timing work, etc.

What about having a default camera motion, which can be disabled to be replaced with all camera editing?

I am all for timing edits, though. That has been the most grevious annonance about the briefings. Briefing scripts will actually be easier/less-annoying than the current build.

if there is a guide that'll help me with the scripting, then I am all for it.. I am still continually impressed with your efforts, Eddie.

I've just put up what I think is the final guide to the new 1.5 gameflow editing. It's up on the site, please look it over.

Back