Favorite WCATV Episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
I was curious as to what everyone's favorite episode of Wing Commander: Academy was. Mine was either "Chain Of Command" or "Invisable Enemy".

Leha I agree with Chain of Command.

I also like "Word of honour" ,it s my favorite along with "Chain of Command"

I can´t remember the name, but i liked more the one with that h0t Admiral chick, that lost her flagship. and Tolwyn flying a fighter.

Thats "Chain of Command" GHOST :)

Its great isnt it ?

Its one of the best

The Woman-Admiral was even more Selfish than Tolwyn !

My favouritest, I think, would be "The Price of Victory". There's something about the tragedy of a Kilrathi killed by humans while trying to defect to them, that just gets to me. Plus, it shows how tough these decisions can be - knowing what you as the viewer know, you are angered by Tolwyn's refusal to believe the Kilrathi, but can you really blame him?

Apart from this, I also rather like "Walking Wounded", because it shows a different side of Maniac, and "Invisible Enemy", which, as the episode guide says, actually improves the WC2 storyline instead of destroying it.

I watched again "Walking Wounded" yesterday.Really ,Maniac becomes a different person when he sees the "Price of Combat" .
All these wounded people there.

And also,it surprised me in the end ,HE REFUSED A METAL!
Is he really maniac:confused:

Well.....yes.Sorry sometimes (always:D ) I make mistakes.Ofcourse I meant Medal

'Chain of Command' was one of the better episodes, I especially like the fact that Thrakath blinked in a high-stakes game of chicken, a battle of wills that was a microcosm of what was to come in the war. I also liked any episode that had to do with the loneliness of command that Tolwyn experienced, like having to send pilots on missions that you knew some whould not return. Tolwyn (Malcolm McDowell Tolwyn not the arrogant bastard who was in WC2) was always my favorite character in WC due to the fact that even though he didn't get the screen time others did, a very rounded and complex character emerged (alot probably has to do with the acting talents of McDowell). The WCA series was great in showing the compassion for those under his command and the stresses of command that would later consume him in WC4 and the novels. That's why I have to pick 'Glory of Sivar' as my favorite episode. His superiors basically sent the expendable Tiger's Claw into a no-win situation and Tolwyn took the brunt of it, even from his pilots. Tolwyn should be remembered for what he did for the Confederation, and WCA is a tribute to that.

C-ya

Glory of Sivar. and Viper is right about Tolwyn should be remembered for what he did for Confed. even in WC4, what he did he thought was for the good of the confederation. I agree with his motivation, just not his means

bercstrum in chain of command.... hehehehe awesome, the one episode I did not like was episode 8, recreation kinda spoils the wc theme, episode 2 was good the last one left, but the lasttwo were definately creat, having the continuing storylines was awesome,

Originally posted by Darkmage
having the continuing storylines was awesome.

Yeah I know, After watching the last time they played the show here I thought they did a good job with the storylines too.

Originally posted by Darkmage
one episode I did not like was episode 8, recreation kinda spoils the wc theme

yeah, what was up with that. Conan with Worfs voice searching the universe for a little glowing ball. and plus the cats and confed having a peace ground. wierd
continuing storyline was excelent. the one thing i didn't like was the fighters. in the sim they fly hellcats, in space they fly scimatars and broadswords, and the cats fly everything from 1 & 2

Originally posted by Aries
the one thing i didn't like was the fighters. in the sim they fly hellcats, in space they fly scimatars and broadswords, and the cats fly everything from 1 & 2

WTF? That was one of the very best things about the show! For years we would explain to people that all these fighters that we see in different games coexist with eachother.. You just don't see every fighter in Confed's arsenal in each game. WCA clearly demonstrates how different areas use different selections of the Confed fighter roster. Relatively few fighters we fly in the games are new. Many have been around for decades, and WCA is a great example of this.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
WTF? That was one of the very best things about the show! For years we would explain to people that all these fighters that we see in different games coexist with eachother.. You just don't see every fighter in Confed's arsenal in each game. WCA clearly demonstrates how different areas use different selections of the Confed fighter roster. Relatively few fighters we fly in the games are new. Many have been around for decades, and WCA is a great example of this.

Thats right and I must agree.Before WCA I could`nt imagine e Hellcat dogfighting a Wc1 Dralthi etc..
Thats because they existed in the same period but we never saw a hellcat in Wc1.We have done thousand times that conversesion.
Seeing a Scimitar Flying along with a Hellcat in about 2654 ,is not weird.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back