Favorite WCATV Episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Aries
Glory of Sivar. and Viper is right about Tolwyn should be remembered for what he did for Confed. even in WC4, what he did he thought was for the good of the confederation. I agree with his motivation, just not his means

Oh , come on how can you say that?
Tolwyn was right only about one thing.That Confed was getting soft cause there was no war.But that doesnt mean that we should conflict all the time just to be prepared for another alien race etc.
Tolwyn was a hero,he did a lot but that doesnt mean anything if in the end he became a Traitor.
Imagine Blair.He did sooooooooo much for Confed.What if one day he ll just wake up end decide to do something bad to do a crime.
You think he ll have an asylum cause he was a hero once?

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Tolwyn was right only about one thing.That Confed was getting soft cause there was no war.But that doesnt mean that we should conflict all the time just to be prepared for another alien race etc.
Tolwyn was a hero,he did a lot but that doesnt mean anything if in the end he became a Traitor.
Imagine Blair.He did sooooooooo much for Confed.What if one day he ll just wake up end decide to do something bad to do a crime.

what i ment was that Tolwyn thought he was doing the right thing...keeping the confederation prepared for war. That I agree with. Tolwyn just went about it the wrong way...trying to start wars just to have wars. That I don't agree with. All I'm saying is that Tolwyn should be remembered as someone who did what he thought was right for confed, not just someone who betrayed the confederation.
and hero or not, i believe if you comit the crime you do the time

but Tolwyn was right about the next alien threat though, not that that lessens the severity of what his character did by any amount...

I like all of the WCAtv series, but for different reasons for each episode, I can't really say that one stood above any of the others.

you liked #8 Recreation? the one with conan. Personally, i think they shoulda left that out. about the only connection with WC is the characters (minus conan) and the ships

ahh.. I was forgetting that one, with hindsight, I am not to keen on that one after all

I don't mind it per se, but the other episodes are of a better quality in my opinion,
(My five-year old cousin loves the WCAtv episodes, every time he comes to see me he just wants to watch them.)

Lets see, so if you lived your entire life well and had one (albiet serious) mistake, you would condemn yourself to being remembered for that one incident? It's a little tougher to condemn when you put yourself in their shoes. A friend of mine was the sweetest girl you could think of and got her driver's liscense when she turned 16. She was in a car crash (that she caused) and killed a little 5 year old boy. She was a huge mess and no one would let her forget her mistake and she committed suicide 2 years later. You know what everyone talks about now when they talk about her? Her killing that little boy. Think thats how you would like to be remembered?

C-ya

Originally posted by Oggy
My five-year old cousin loves the WCAtv episodes, every time he comes to see me he just wants to watch them.

Good. You can't be too young to get hooked on Wing Commander.

Originally posted by Viper61
Think thats how you would like to be remembered?

Personally, I don't really care how I'm remembered. It can't exactly affect me once I'm dead.

Episode 3 is my favorate. It alone set up Archer's personality, and the plot is up there with the best in anime in quality.

Universal should of continued the series. :(

Originally posted by Viper61
Lets see, so if you lived your entire life well and had one (albiet serious) mistake, you would condemn yourself to being remembered for that one incident? It's a little tougher to condemn when you put yourself in their shoes. A friend of mine was the sweetest girl you could think of and got her driver's liscense when she turned 16. She was in a car crash (that she caused) and killed a little 5 year old boy. She was a huge mess and no one would let her forget her mistake and she committed suicide 2 years later. You know what everyone talks about now when they talk about her? Her killing that little boy. Think thats how you would like to be remembered?

C-ya

You are talking about different things!!

Originally posted by TopGun
I just downloaded The First Episode, have to wait til I get home to watch it though

Well,do it .Then you can post your opinion here;)

Originally posted by TopGun
I just downloaded The First Episode, have to wait til I get home to watch it though

I always enjoyed how the first episode of WCATV is mentioned on Blair and Maniac's pilot records provided in the WCM Confed Handbook.

I noticed some things in episode 6 (chains of command) that lead me to believe that it takes place after episode 7 (expendable):

1. the Tiger's Claw is sitting at a pulsar waiting for a cat fleet (7, Blair and Payback go through a pulsar and find a cat fleet)

2. the admiral asks if blair flew the recon that found the cat fleet

3. blair says yes and that Payback was his wingman

4. the cat in command of the destroyer that lives in 6 is promoted to command of a destroyer in 7.

is it just me or is the episode guide messed up?

You are talking about different things!!

We're talking about one mistake in judgement that you want Tolwyn to be remembered for, no matter what he did earlier in life. I'm saying put yourself in his shoes by imagining yourself in Brandi's and see if your so quick to condemn someone for a wrong decision. I'd say it was a pretty good analogy since we don't have a spare Black Lance division laying around for a real world comparison.

C-ya

WCATV had a brief outline for a second season. I believe it had to do with the Vega sector or some such. It never made it past the most crude of outlines because USA dropped it's cartoon line-up (and those great intro/outro cartoons-on-the-train sequences!).
The second season was suppose to have a more cohesive plot. Think almost like Exo-Squad, as many of the people on WCATV worked on everyone's favorite Man-Against-Neo-Sapian-Civil-War cartoon show.

I read somewhere that the major reason they cancelled it was there weren't enough viewers of the targeted age group (around 5 years old). why did they target that age group when most of those who play WC are older?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back