• Longbow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Excalibur

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which was your favorite? Most will probably say the Excalibur but I'm still interested in the differing opinions. I'm doing this so that my final poll ... "Favorite Confed Fighter"... can have all the winners from the previous poll as a choice since you can only have 10.

Yep, Excals.

But before they came along, I was a lightfighter jockey all the way. Except for Capship killing, the arrow was a sweetheart:D

Naturally

My answer is the Hellcat V. Most simple and well-rounded fighter ever built. It's just the right ship for me. I love it.

I love to fly the Thunderbolt. It made killing capships easy knowing that I had a torpedo ready to fire. It's weapons could ripe apart most ships easly.

Re: Naturally

Originally posted by Col.Dom
My answer is the Hellcat V. Most simple and well-rounded fighter ever built. It's just the right ship for me. I love it.

While the hellcat didn't suit me, the best fighter is the one that is closest to your style of flight and fight.

For some people the arrow just didn't hit hard enough and the thunderbolt wasn't agile enough.

Some people like the serious firepower of the T-Bolt, while others like me preferred to dance with their targets.

That's why the Excal was so well liked. Only the arrow was more agile, but the Excal had better firepower than any of the other fighters. The only problem with the Excal is that it could make you overconfident enough to forget about the thinnish armour:)

The Excalibur´s guns heat up too quickly and I really don´t like that Auto-Gun-Targeting-stuff. Makes the game boring.

I did not like any of them, but since I have to pick one, I choose the T-bolt.
I did have a favorite ship in all of the other WC games, though:
WC1 - Rapier
WC2 - Broadsword
WC4 - Vindicator
Prophecy - Vampire
Priv1 - Centurion

for me it is the thud. It has just about the same damage with guns as an excal, has decent (but not great) missiles (i dont use em anyway). It has the rear turret which is useful as hell. Has great damage taking ability. And it has the torp, which kicks ass

Originally posted by Napoleon
for me it is the thud. It has just about the same damage with guns as an excal, has decent (but not great) missiles (i dont use em anyway). It has the rear turret which is useful as hell. Has great damage taking ability. And it has the torp, which kicks ass

You said everything I like in that ship. I just don´t love it because it´s too big, UGLY and kinda slow.

I think that´s the ugliest ship in all WC games.

Re: Naturally

Originally posted by Col.Dom

You mean you're simple and well-rounded? ;) :p

Such question are always difficult for me: Of course the Excaliobur is by far the best fighter in WC3, thus making it premiere choice once available. But is it the most likeable?
Before the Excal came, I used the TBolt mostly, sometimes the Arrow.

BTW: I liked the ships from WC3 the least from all WC games.I found them all pretty boring.

I like the Thunderbolt VII (a.k.a. the Lead Sled) best. Compared to the Hellcat it has 20% more shields/armor, 40% more power in the forward guns, a tailgun, and a torp, in exchange for 10% lower cruising speed and 10dps slower turning rate. The only really big drawback for me is that its afterburner speed is only 1000kps.

Unless I am going up against lots of Darkets/Strakhas, where I would prefer an Arrow, or against multiple capships of destroyer or heavier class, where I would take a Longbow, the Tbolt is my choice. It has guns heavier than anything but the Excalibur and better shields/armor than anything but the Longbow, yet has more gunpower and maneuverability than the Longbow bomber.

I'd say the Excal, obviously. But excluding a super-fighter, I'd really have to go with the Arrow. Although it's light in armor and shields, in the right hands-it's speed more than makes up for that disadvantage.

I had to go with the Hellcat as my favorite, but as for most situations it depended on the mission. I really like the arrow and cat for point defense, but if I gotta go on an extended patrol or strike mission, I had to choose the Thud for it's extra firepower and thicker hide. It just depended.

C-ya

Im going with the Thud, it was great at knocking away at your enemy, and when you flew it you felt prepared since you had that torp ridin in your belly, made you feel like you could take on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back