• Crossbow

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Morningstar

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the wraith is.... I really don't think we need a dozen of these threads...

I think Colonel Hayden wants to include the winner of each category in a "grand finale winners' poll"... I say let him, where's the harm? :)

I didn't bad mouth anything... I seriously don't see the point of opening a dozen threads for something when it's rather easy to boil it down to the few favorites using past knowledge and a little thought, and then using one... If you want to make a bunch of threads, you'll end up having one or two splitting the conversation on some unrelated topic at the top, and the rest falling off the page in a couple of days. Take a look at the results from main page polls at https://www.wcnews.com/polls.shtml and then do whatever you think's best. From past experience, spreading it out over a bunch of threads isn't the best solution...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by TC
If you want to make a bunch of threads, you'll end up having one or two splitting the conversation on some unrelated topic at the top, and the rest falling off the page in a couple of days.
If the topic drifts, it doesn't matter... the poll is still on top, and everyone reading the thread gets the chance to vote. If the thread falls too low in the thread list, I'm sure Colonel Hayden will provide a new topic for it to remain on top... ;)

Besides, making polls through the CZ rather than the CIC ensures that everyone gets only to vote once, because you vote by username... On the CIC, you vote by I.P., and if, like for me, your I.P. changes every time you connect to the internet, you can basically vote as many times as you want, and fuck up the poll true percentages...

I think Colonel Hayden is doing a fan's work, the way I see it there's really no harm in letting him do so. Keep it up Hayden, unless someone really important tells you to stop... ;)

I always thought WC2 came up seriously short on good fighters. They were diverse and I know there is a loyal Sabre following here (I just couldn't get into the Sabre) but I believe all the other games had better fighters.

C-ya

this was a hard choice, but I had to go with the sabre since it was a true strike fighter, great at fighting its way in and taking out the target.

Originally posted by mpanty

Besides, making polls through the CZ rather than the CIC ensures that everyone gets only to vote once, because you vote by username... On the CIC, you vote by I.P., and if, like for me, your I.P. changes every time you connect to the internet, you can basically vote as many times as you want, and fuck up the poll true percentages...

Hmmm. That probably explains why the CIC states: "your IP has voted on this poll," when I log on every now and again, when I haven't voted in years.

I go for the Crossbow--it is a Broadsword only better in every way except for lacking side turrets and having one less FF missile. Let's compare them:

Speed: Crossbow is 50kps faster (370 vs. 320)
Shields: Equal at 500cm, but Crossbow shields regenerate faster
Armor: Equal
Missiles: 4 torp, 3 FF for Crossbow, 4 FF for Broadsword
Turrets: 1 (rear) for Crossbow, 3 (rear, port, starboard) for Broadsword
Forward Guns: 3 Mass Driver for Broadsword vs. 3 Mass Driver + 2 Neutron for Crossbow (Crossbow has over 50% more firepower in its forward guns)
Turn rate: dps rate unknown, but Crossbow definitely has faster turn rates.

The Crossbow's biggest drawback of having no side turrets is partially balanced by its higher turn rate which allows it to seriously dogfight with Kilrathi fighters. In my opinion, the Crossbow is definitely a fitting successor to the Broadsword bomber. I snuck a look at the Crossbow's stats using the game editor, and its turn rate is the same as the Sabre! With a cruise speed only 30kps slower than the Sabre, SIX TIMES the shield strength (although said shields only recharge half as fast), I would say that the Crossbow's lack of afterburners is the only major obstacle to its outclassing the Sabre as a fighter/bomber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back