Favorite WC1/2 missions?

I was wrong, there was only one Snakeir in the mission I was talking about. It was a patrol mission in a Rapier with Knight as wingman.

Ok, the mission in WC2 where you had to retrieve the courier's message with the tractor beam...man, that shit was hard without cheating! The damn Ralatha with it's impossibly accurate anti-matter guns would take me out in two salvoes! I would finally manage to succeed after many tries, many, many, tries.

I rahter enjoyed one of the Hornet missions in SM2 where you are supposed to just scout, but I find it more entertaining to take on the the 9 Jalthi and 3 Fralthi.

I find it more entertaining to take on the the 9 Jalthi and 3 Fralthi.
Ahhahahahhha..... only in wing commander could that be possible... I wonder why confed HQ doesn't find it odd that a single fighter can take out a battle-fleet...... lol

Ok, the mission in WC2 where you had to retrieve the courier's message with the tractor beam
Hell yeah! I almost forgot about that one... very very hard, but fun when you actually win!

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)

Ahhahahahhha..... only in wing commander could that be possible... I wonder why confed HQ doesn't find it odd that a single fighter can take out a battle-fleet...... lol

No, it's possible to blow up Fralthis in real life too...

Yeah, I could go buy a plastic model of one in Hobby Lobby and blow it up with firecrackers!

Originally posted by Wulf
Ok, the mission in WC2 where you had to retrieve the courier's message with the tractor beam...man, that shit was hard without cheating! The damn Ralatha with it's impossibly accurate anti-matter guns would take me out in two salvoes! I would finally manage to succeed after many tries, many, many, tries.

For whatever reason, I never had problems with the anti-matter guns being used against fighters until SO1. Not sure why, but it did ramp up the difficulty quite a bit.
Anyway...
Probably my least favorite mission was the one in SM2 where you had to target each ship in a group of Kilrathi destroyers (I think). It took me a while to realize I was supposed to target each of them, and as a result, the first few times I played SM2, I kept ending up on the losing track with no idea why.

Recovery Mission with Broadsword facing Ralatha and final mission of WC2: SO1(?) with 2 Fralthi:

1. Kill all the fighters (doh!)
2. lock onto one of the cap ships with any weapon but a torpedo, then turn around and fly VERY FAR AWAY (say, 17-20k).
3. Stop and turn around. As long as you didn't change views, you should see the ship in the mfd.
4. Lock on and switch over to torpedo mode. You will now commence locking on to the ship from a safe distance far away. Go get up and have a soda.
5. When you get back, your torpedo should be locked on and the enemy will either be at the same distance or will be around 12 k away or so if it pursued you.
6. Light up the engines and cruise leisurely up to 10K, then light the afterburners and charge to torpedo distance (< 3 K, I think).
7. The bad guys will get 2 or three shots with the AMG. DO NOT let any shot hit. With luck, you'll be able to get within torpedo range without having to jink hard enough to lose lock.
8. Fire torpedo, loop out and afterburn away, then do it all again. If you lose lock, break off the attack and loop out immediately, then try again.
9. Always attack the same facing each time!
10. Be patient! You have speed (even in a broadsword) and time. Take your time and wait until you're sure of a hit.
11. Fly home and bitch out your loser colleagues who can't take out 4 Gratha in a 4v4 match-up.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Originally posted by Wulf
Yeah, I could go buy a plastic model of one in Hobby Lobby and blow it up with firecrackers!

Where is this 'Hobby Lobby' and how can I reach it? :eek:

Sorry, man. There actually weren't that many models left of WC ships when I saw them, either.

Loaf, I couldn't find the mission you were talking about but here are the exact specs for another really good recon mission...
Mission 38.5 (Infiltrate)
Flying a Dralthi
Nav 1 - 5 Ralari
Nav 2 - 2 Snakeir, 4 Jalthi.

The Fralthi mission

What I liked about the Fralthi mission was that you'd get to use 4 fighters against -- gang up on it. :)

Back