• Tarawa

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Re: SWC Rant *MUST READ*

Originally posted by Col.Dom

...in SWC's alternate dimension

Wait, wait, wait. I have a Mac. I have WCI for my amiga. I'm considering buying SWC for my mac. But you mentioned an alternate dimension. What? Is it a diiferent story? I was under the impression that it just had newer graphics. Voted for the 'Claw, by the way. It was my first exposure to Wing Commander...

Originally posted by WildWeasel
It's not an alternate dimension.

Wild Weasel's correct. I was just saying "alternate dimension," because that's how f*ed up the game truly is.

Plus I was just being, as Wild Weasel so eloquently put it, "an idiot" :p

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Oh, hey, an Amiga user...

Do you have any idea what Wing Commander Platinum Edition is?

I most certainly(think...) I do. It was the CD32 version of wing commander amiga. I'm also pretty sure it worked on a 1200.

Well

I actually think that you are right. Some of them are not carriers, however, the Tarawa and some of the smaller ships are. But Why the so called "carriers" were put in the poll is beyond me.

Why does it seem all people deeply involved with space sims are pirates?

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Has anyone pointed out that nearly half the choices in this poll aren't even technically carriers?

Well...I meant carrier served on... and yes, we didn't serve on Tarawa, but we might as well have :) She was in THREE BOOKS for cryin' out loud!

Hi Guys,

i miss some Carriers: Hakaga, Snakeir, Dreadnought, Bhantkara, Fralthi an the Shiraak. Sorry, but i like the Hakaga as much as the Tarawa....

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant

I most certainly(think...) I do. It was the CD32 version of wing commander amiga. I'm also pretty sure it worked on a 1200.

As best we can figure out, "Platinum Edition" was something seperate from the CD32 version.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

As best we can figure out, "Platinum Edition" was something seperate from the CD32 version.

I have it! Omigosh! I fished around for my old WC box and stuff, and I have this, err.. "Platinum Edition." It installs the exact same as my friend Evan's "original" WC did, off of 3 DOS disks, HD-Install. It also plays identically. They have different version numbers, though: v. 6.83e(platinum) and 6.81e(original). His version had a weird bug that mine doesn't have: The music seems slightly out of sync, and durring the running to the cockpit sequence, the silhouttes of the pilots leave chunky black artifacts in their path. Animations seem less smooth, too. I haven't really played his WC that much, but I bet you it wasn't really anything more than an update to solve these quirks(or others you might encounter later in the game). As a rule, Amiga ports of that era weren't too great. I got it second hand— meaning it could have come with something special, like a tee-shirt or something, but I wouldn't have that stuff. Also, these bugs could just be a result of his having an older amiga than do I. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Ahh, fascinating... I'll post that with all the other Amiga-search stuff in my livejournal. Thanks much.

Just have to figure out how it was sold, now...

(The Amiga port is excellent, though, IMO...)

In a neat coincidence, I got a copy of WC1 Amiga Platinum <G> It's the Hit Squad re-release that made it "Platinum" and upped the version by .02. :)

Back