Favorite all time movie

Ripper

Peace Through Superior Firepower
Two things, first, your favorite movie of all time, and second, can anyone remember where this quote came from, Im drawing a blank:

"Top of the morning to ya!"

"And the bottom of it to you."

My fav:
The DVD version of Thief.

Have any of you seen Michael Collins? If you haven't i recommend it. It's pretty good.
ALso, you should all see pi. You cannot lose when you put math into a movie...

Originally posted by Zarathustra
ALso, you should all see pi. You cannot lose when you put math into a movie...

That's a great movie but I think Aronofsky out did himself with Requiem for a Dream

Favorite movie of all time ? Wow you can put some people on the spot with tthat one. I have favorite movies in genres.

Action: Die Hard
Sci-fi: Jurassic Park
Sports: Either The Program or The Natural
Suspense/Thriller: Usual Suspects
Drama: Romeo and Juliet (Leo and Claire version)
Comedy: Toughy - probably Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels

And almost all Disney movies (pre Pocahontus)

C-ya

I actually haven't gotten around to seeing requiem yet, however i heard it is good. It's just a question of how ot get my friends to consent to seeing an artsy movie....

Requiem for a dream is fairly good.... But my favorites would have to be Fight Club and Dogma.

FMJ is cool. I laughed all through most of the boot camp stuff. Especially where the D.I. is slapping "Pyle" while asking him which is his left and right. Everyone in the theater must have either thought I was some kind of psycho, or a D.I.

That was one of the best "explanatory" movies about the Civil War Ive seen. Very good on the horror of war angle.

Originally posted by Ripper
That was one of the best "explanatory" movies about the Civil War Ive seen. Very good on the horror of war angle.

Also some of the best acting that I have seen from Freeman, Denzel Washington, and Broderick. I also was blown away by the music from James Horner. I think that it just was awesome on all fronts. Very moving as well.

it's too hard to pick one... but here is my top 5 in no particular order:

Snatch
High Fidelity
Trainspotting
Braveheart
Hackers (i know it's a silly movie, but fun to watch)
My some of my other favs are: The Princess Bride, Forest Gump, LOTR, The Boondock Saints, Fight Club

Back