Fav. capship

Players' Base capship: Tie between the TC and the Midway
Non PB confed capship: Plunkett
Enemy Capship: Hummm... Snakeir, Dreadnaught.

That has to be the good ol' Confederation class Dreadnought. It really feels good to belong into the best ship that can lay waste of 2 Fralthra in a minute.

Even though you never fly off of it, my fav has always been the Wake Island class. it always made me think of a small group of exceptional pilots and a skilled crew rather than overwhelming numbers.

I have to agree with Lazy- the Confederation Class was great- unlike most WC capships, the Concordia could waste other Capships within viewing distance (the Phase Transit Cannon and the simultaneous 8 or 9 amg rounds the thing shot were ridiculous!) and take on half a wing of bombers by itself- and STILL LIVE! That's the way Capships should be- able to dish out and take punishment! (And it was also nice that it didn't look like a shoebox or an air conditioning duct like *cough* some carriers)

My favorite would probably have to be the Ranger-class light carrier or the Concordia-class fleet carrier. My favorite ship that you don't fly off of regularly would have to be the Gettysburg-class Dreadnaught. I can't wait to see it in a newer engine.

Mad Cow said:
M My favorite ship that you don't fly off of regularly would have to be the Gettysburg-class Dreadnaught. I can't wait to see it in a newer engine.

In a newer engine? You'll have yet to see it in any engine.

My favorite ship that you don't fly off of regularly would have to be the Gettysburg-class Dreadnaught. I can't wait to see it in a newer engine.

Are you thinking of the Gettysburg-class Cruiser from Secret Missions 2/Freedom Flight? It was just the Exeter-class sprite writ large...

(Or are you thinking of the TCS Gettysburg, a Waterloo-class Cruiser from Special Operations 1?)

Are you thinking of the Gettysburg-class Cruiser from Secret Missions 2/Freedom Flight? It was just the Exeter-class sprite writ large...

Yeah, I thought the model was different from the Exeter, though, and I was calling it a dreadnaught because that's what it was listed as on Fleet Tactics. My mistake.

Nope, just the Exeter. They didn't do new graphics for it -- and everything we know about its specifications comes from a few quotes in Freedom Flight and Super Wing Commander. :)

(Fleet Tactics is certainly wrong about the class, though. Cruiser, per Freedom Flight.)

I always thought the tallahasse and sheffield classes looked pretty good, both had that sleek and formidable look! As far as the carriers go the Victory was a sweet ride but the durango class just looked ugly (me thinks it was those big engines nacelles that spoiled the appearance)

Paddybhoy said:
I always thought the tallahasse and sheffield classes looked pretty good, both had that sleek and formidable look! As far as the carriers go the Victory was a sweet ride but the durango class just looked ugly (me thinks it was those big engines nacelles that spoiled the appearance)
Firstly, welcome to the forums!

Yeah, I've always had a soft spot for the capship designs "introduced" in WC3, particularly the Tallahasse class, which IMHO manages to convey a streamlined and practical design doctrine obviously influenced by Confed's resource constraints at the time (I realise that the Ranger has been around for a couple of decades or so, but isn't the Tallahasse class relatively new as of WC3?) while still managing to combine serious heavy weaponry for slugfests with Fralthi II's and other cap ships. Viewing a Tallahasse up against a Fralthi II, one would initially think that the sheer bulk of the Fralthi would prove fatal, yet the Tallahasse can go head to head and win.

I also find the WC Movie Concordia design intriguing, although one doesn't see it in its entirety -- is it some kind of SuperCruiser?

Here are some pics from the R2 DVD:

Cheers,

BrynS

On ConFed-Side (and also top of all) the Bengal-Carrier is most beautyfull Cap-ship.
Followd by the Confederation- and the Hades-Class.

On the Kilrathy-Side it's the Fralthi-Class Light Carrier.
Followd by the Frawqirg-class light destroyer (looks like a deadly speartop).

Followd by the Frawqirg-class light destroyer (looks like a deadly speartop).

Wha?

Edit: I art22'd it. Please stop giving ships 'convenience' class names, people... it's just really confusing.

TIRex said:
THAT ONE
Joan's Fighting Spacecraft at Fleet Tactics discribt is as a Frawqirg-class light destroyer.

They described it as a Frawqirg because it was easy. The class was never given a name except "light destroyer". They came up with Frawqirg because in the HooT novel one of the Kilrathi destroyers is the Frawqirg, but i dont think it ever mentioned which class the destroyer actually was, so that still might not be right. It could be a heavy destroyer. Anyways my point was that the Fleet Tactics just gave the class the name Frawqirg because that is the only destroyer named in HooT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been obsessed with about every confleet capship from WC1 trough 3.
e-v-e-r-y o-n-e.

For a time, my fav was the Confederation class. Then it shifted to the Waterloo. After that it was the Ranger. Then onto the Tallahassee. on and on it goes...

But for all my obsessions, I gess the Confederation class dreadnough was my first love.

And with that, here are some useless visuals... I like visuals. there should be more of them :)

Attachments

• Capships01.jpg
    Capships01.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 181
Back