Fav. capship

Nice pic. It reminded me why I don't really like the looks of the Concordia... It's too busy. Too many colors and shapes and elements. A real mess, IMO. The Ranger and the Bengal are a lot prettier.

Not to mentio that its profile from above is just weird.

They described it as a Frawqirg because it was easy. The class was never given a name except "light destroyer". They came up with Frawqirg because in the HooT novel one of the Kilrathi destroyers is the Frawqirg, but i dont think it ever mentioned which class the destroyer actually was, so that still might not be right. It could be a heavy destroyer. Anyways my point was that the Fleet Tactics just gave the class the name Frawqirg because that is the only destroyer named in HooT.

Exactly, and people need to stop doing this. Yes, it sucks that Wing Commander 3 didn't give specific class names for any of the capital ships... but this is not a license to 'small universe' ourselves new ones.

Gee, we saw a 'TCS Sheffield' and a 'KIS Frawqirg' -- they must be Sheffield-class and Frawqirg-class! GZRRRRRT! GZRRRRRT! I cannot stress this highly enough: GZRRRRRT!

Consider that when WIng Commander III came out, the series had existed for four years. It took *five* more years, but other sources managed to name four of the missing capital ships (Ranger in Action Stations, Fralthi II in Prophecy, Bhantkara and Tallahassee in False Colors). The universe is slowly moving towards names for your capital ships, people, if you really need them.

Even though you never get to fly with it, I would imagine I would enjoy being stationed on a Kilrathi Dreadnought the most. It carries a full complement of fighters, and you hardly have to worry about protecting it because it's virtually indestructible. Most of us have probably destroyed one with a single fighter, but it took a LONG time to do. If you don't let an enemy fighter sit in the blind spot behind it for too long, it can take care of itself. Besides the tactical value, I also like the look of it. It's huge and aggressive looking with TONS of windows.

There's something strange about the Kilrathi Dreadnought though. Have you ever noticed that the ship look great at an angle, but as soon as you get to the profile view, it seem... less dynamic, almost boring.
Of course the obvious solution to that is... to NOT look at its profile. but it is strange no?

WC1 - Tiger's Claw
WC2 - Waterloo class cruiser/ Ralatha class destroyer
WC3 - Frathli II class cruiser
WC4 - Vesuvius class carrier
WCP - Tiamat class dreadnaught
SO - Plunkett class cruiser
Priv - Paradigm class destroyer
Armada - TCS Lexington
Priv2 - CIS Capship prototype

just to break it down a little...

H'varkann class dreadnought from wc3. Unless i'm being shot to pieces by one in which case i hate the things.

You'd think they'd have an original dying message from that ship. I mean you spend half your life trying to destroy it and all you hear is 'My death is at hand...' Shame they didn't come up with something that could make you feel proud to have killed the gigantic beast.

What that could have been though i have no idea.

You'd think they'd have an original dying message from that ship. I mean you spend half your life trying to destroy it and all you hear is 'My death is at hand...' Shame they didn't come up with something that could make you feel proud to have killed the gigantic beast.

Considering the circumstances in which you engage the dreadnaught, its death message ought to be, "Be Right Back."

Back