Excalibur Joins the Lego Fleet (May 18, 2008)

Deacan's spotted another nifty Lego Wing Commander model. This time it's an Excalibur rendered in LDraw that was virtually created by Big Jim. Although a physical mockup hasn't yet been done, the ship was made to be completely buildable by real Lego pieces.
I designed this to be built and there are no hidden gaps or anything that might prevent someone from making these if they had the right bricks. I will make more MOCs as I have time, but until then, please enjoy and review my Wing Commander III Excalibur!

--
Original update published on May 18, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if someone might be able to put together a nice Wing Commander fighter with the Lego Factory service? They have space-specific subthemes now and it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility that someone might put together an Arrow with the Star Justice colors/pieces... then we could all just buy it in one kit!

I planned on opening the model in Lego's Digital Designer software- you can then send the order to Lego and get just what you need!

Am I missing a download link for the model?

There isn't one. At his page, the author says to contact him for the ldraw file. I couldn't find an email link there, so I just posted a review. Feel free to try to track him down.

Back