Even monks like a bit of booze!

I'd be happier if it was an enemy fighter at the end of that salvo. ;)

Originally posted by Quarto
The pilot's legs, of course!
Hmm, didn't think of the pilot, it's just a cockpit. :)

Just a cockpit... why, the legs are a part of the cockpit :). As is the hand (well, no... the hand is stored separately... but still) :).

A lot of people. I personally prefer flying with a cockpit, but there's plenty of people who prefer better visibility.

I think a cockpit is necessary, even if you're just going to turn it off -- it gives each fighter a unique feel (as opposed to WCIV, where everything seemed the same...)

What is this "visability" bullsh*t? I'd rather have the feel and comfort of knowing what ship I'm in by looking at the HUD, dag-nab-iit!

Originally posted by Quarto
Just a cockpit... why, the legs are a part of the cockpit. As is the hand (well, no... the hand is stored separately... but still).
Always remember to put moth balls where you store the hand, though. You never know...
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I think a cockpit is necessary, even if you're just going to turn it off -- it gives each fighter a unique feel (as opposed to WCIV, where everything seemed the same...)
I absolutely agree! The Excalibur's is so cool! :cool:

exactly LOAF that's why were gonna have em all! were basing ALL our cockpit designs on the originals, and beefing up the graphics at the same time! the Excalibur will be in! and it will look cool, you'll be able to sign up with confed, and then steal their fighters!

Originally posted by LeHah
What is this "visability" bullsh*t? I'd rather have the feel and comfort of knowing what ship I'm in by looking at the HUD, dag-nab-iit!

Well I'm sorry but i like being able to see the bottom half of my screen.

how about both sides STOP ARGUING!!!!! WE DON"T NEED TO BE CONVINCED THERE WILL BE COCKPITS BUT YOU CAN TURN THEM OFF!!

Chill man!! You're the boss, you're in charge of the project, so whatever you decide, they will have to accept, right? :)

No need to get tensed! ;)

I liked the idea of cockpits ilike WC3 if you don´t want it juest turn it off, like mpanty when he flies with a Longbow :)

Yeah, 'tis an old argument, but I think LOAF's puts a good reason into having cockpits.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
...even if you're just going to turn it off -- it gives each fighter a unique feel...
After playing WC1/2 so long, I always thought I'd play WC3 with the cockpit on, but I eventually played with it turned off. I think the WCP had a nice balance of visibility and ship differentiation. Too, having cockpits on in WC3 'squished' the resolution vertically.

Yeah, i liked how it was handled in Prophecy too. It seemed to me like there was more of a cockpit feel than the dashboard feel of WC1/2.

You and your legs, Q. One might think you don't have any of your own! :) Do you spend more time admiring the flight suit than concentrating on the mission?

Back