Escape Velocity Plug-In

If you look on the main EV website in their files section there are many great plugin editors for importing the ships once you have the pics right and setting their stats. I had tinkered with it once before, I think it was 16 images you need with the ship facing different directions until you have a circle. Once you have a 16 image pict file you just use that as your sprite, import that in and set some values. Doing sounds is a piece of cake in Ambrosia games, just get ResEdit and edit the resource forks for sound and music, replace them with what ever you want. I'm actually attempting to edit Swoop right now for this WC fan film comedy I'm working on, replacing all of the alien ships with Dralthi and Vaktoths and the player ship is an Excalibur. I'll post some pics when I'm done

Well I run under Executor... so I can't exactly use ANY program available... so I prefer to stick to resource editing instead of messing with the graphics myself.

I do check it whenever yahoo messenger tells me someone has replied to it... doesn't mean I'll reply since nothing new has been said about my plug-in idea that hasn't already been discussed.

I'm in need of certain things... mainly, how do I extract sounds from Wing Commander Privateer and Wing Commander 3? I need them in wav format... Also, I need 3d models of ships from Wing Commander 1, 2 and Privateer... 3ds and lwo files work... maybe others... Truespace does NOT work and I've already "raided" the WC Development Board for those that have textures. (Broadsword, Gladius, Wraith, Dralthi, Jrathek)

If anyone can help me with these I'd apreciate it... BTW I do NOT want to use programs that force me into real DOS... if it can run in Win98se then I'll go for it.

Either respond to this or e-mail me at sartha@hotmail.com

thanks.

Originally posted by Maniac_Angel
...how do I extract sounds from Wing Commander Privateer?
This one's easy using Game Audio Player, but painfully time-consuming, since the TRE files are so huge. If you just need sound effects, it's easy, because the sounds are at the start, but sorting through speech is harder. And yes, GAP works in Windows. :)

Maybe some people would like to hear what I've done with the bad guys of Privateer? ;)

Back