Error in UE mission

Darkmage

Vice Admiral
I've played through the first mission which was fine, the second mission has a bug at waypoint 3. No autopilot light appears after you've cleared out the waypoint. This is the mission where your navmap gets updated...

Its not a bug, we've tried to make this as obvious as possible, they tell YOU to select the next nav point, the FAQ tells you what to do.... but we knew it'd still confuse some people

You need to press Ctr-N to bring up the nav map and then right click on one of the two navs you've got to choose between.

Originally posted by Darkmage
I've played through the first mission which was fine, the second mission has a bug at waypoint 3. No autopilot light appears after you've cleared out the waypoint. This is the mission where your navmap gets updated...

No bug, a feature. Listen closely to the com: It gives you the option to either intercept the Dralthi/Vakoth or the Gratha. You have to pick one nav-point of your choice to continue.

Hmmm there was something like that in the Beta version in 1999 huh ?

I think that you had to target the nav so then autopilot, I dont remember.I have read only the review coule of years ago.

Well, nothing to do with that but I just like being off-topic:p

actually it wasn't any of those.. the bug turned out to be I didn't know howto select a navpoint in the map... it's the RIGHT mouse button... I've finished UE, BTW great mod... the scripting is awesome, Type alswantsmoreships in the sim to fly the kilrathi beauties.

Well, because it would be impossible to create a HUD design that would look sufficiently alien - the writing would still be in English.

I made a vector copy of the text from a Jalthi screenshot.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :)

Originally posted by Darkmage
actually it wasn't any of those.. the bug turned out to be I didn't know howto select a navpoint in the map... it's the RIGHT mouse button... I've finished UE, BTW great mod... the scripting is awesome, Type alswantsmoreships in the sim to fly the kilrathi beauties.

"alswantsmoreships "

did't work for me :(

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
"alswantsmoreships "

did't work for me :(

You have to type it in the simulator screen, not in the actual mission. You will get a sound "The aliens are not here, proceed" or something like that.
You'll also see a text reading 'press z to switch ships' IIRC.
Either way it was either 'z' or 'y' that you have to press after you hear that voice.

Originally posted by Quarto
Well, because it would be impossible to create a HUD design that would look sufficiently alien - the writing would still be in English.
Well... it'd help to at least have something. Not knowing what guns/missiles/speed/range, etc is quite... disconcerting. It's almost like flying blind!

Originally posted by cff
You will get a sound "The aliens are not here, proceed" or something like that.
"The aliens are not here, let's keep moving." ;) And yes, the message explicitly states that you press 'Z' to toggle between Confed/BW and Kilrathi/Nephilim ships.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Well... it'd help to at least have something. Not knowing what guns/missiles/speed/range, etc is quite... disconcerting. It's almost like flying blind!

Bah, don´t whine...
You can´t play that mission because of the HUD?
The HUD looks good, it´s supposed that you can´t understand it, it is alien, read the fiction.
Flying blind...yeah

Oi, don't be sarcastic with me. :( I've only played the Nephilim ships in the simulator, I didn't know you can fly them in the later missions. Don't assume everyone's already played it all.

Back