Episode 4

Yes, you undoubtedly will meet the Gothri again, though this time they won't be flown by privateer pilots. I doubt they'll be as much of a challenge as they were in ep. 2 when you flew the Stiletto, though :p.

Quarto said:
The progress page doesn't really include all the ships in the game at this point - we just can't be bothered expanding the table by another row for the sake of one or two ships (this in particular is the case for the Arrow). That having been said, I can certainly see the Vatari on the progress page, so I'm not sure why you're asking. It may be that you missed it because it moved by one cell when the Shok'lar got added.

And yeah, the Vatari will show up once or twice - but you definitely won't see it a lot. We're really kinda stretching things by having the Vatari in there - Fleet Action never actually claims that the Vatari is finished and ready to enter service.

Yep apparently my eyes failed me for a bit there...and I agree it is a bit of a stretch, but since they were being designed at the same time it might be slightly safe to say a few squadrons had been stationed on board...

I don't believe it's in the sim unless it appears in the higher gauntlet waves...I'm stilling trying to get past wave 8...

Quarto said:
... this time they won't be flown by privateer pilots. I doubt they'll be as much of a challenge as they were in ep. 2 when you flew the Stiletto, though :p.
Aha, so no Stiletto's against Kilrathi Aces in Gothris! I may yet live through this campaign. (after a few attempts :D )

Confed said:
Aha, so no Stiletto's against Kilrathi Aces in Gothris! I may yet live through this campaign. (after a few attempts :D )
Whereas I'll be missing the aces since now everything will be easy.:D

and the screening fleet of carriers protecting them...oh and the line of cruisers and destroyers protecting them...and the line of frigates.....boy could be quite the day of work...

Indeed it could be... our testers are having trouble with it already, and we haven't even started any of the Hakaga missions :p.

in the sim missions with kamekhs and dorkathis it can be pretty think...imagine that with destroyers and cruisers raining down on you...it really easy to get heavy damage moving in on formations like that if not get shot down...

Lt.Death100 said:
Yes there's a nav map. You press ctrl-n (I believe) to access it. It allows you to see all the enemy targets and what they're attacking.
You also need the nav map to decide if you want to save a Free trader in episode 1, IIRC. If you don't change your course (with a right click on the nav point), you just go home & let him die, right?

No, in that mission the NAV point is selected automaticly. If you return straight home afterwards it's because you let the Free Trader die.

The Vatari is a Kilrathi heavy fighter mentioned in Fleet Action as being a mainstay of their new fleet--the Hakagas were designed with the assumption that they would each carry a number of squadrons of Vataris. The Vatari has not been seen in any of the commercial WC games.

I wonder if the Standoff team has any pics they want to share of the Vatari. Or if they have any at all.

Edit: Found a picture of the Vatari at the Standoff website. It looks pretty cool.

shot38.png
<-- Your Vatari ?
shot122.png
<-- What is that?

Back