Enterprise Props

Red Baron

Rear Admiral
Sorry if my search wasn't thorough enough, but since i couldn't find a thread about it, i thought i might start one myself.
It looks like some rare WC4 weapons made it to the latest (and last?) Star Trek series. I've seen them in several episodes, but "Shadows of P'Jem" makes a nice example and i saw some vulcans carry both Black Lance and Marine rifles.

Attachments

• rifle1.jpg
    rifle1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 409
  • rifle2.jpg
    rifle2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 383
Those shots are really hard to tell from. They look similar but are not really conclusive. Do you have any better (and bigger) screengrabs from the show? That second one doesn't look the same to me at all.

that's because the colors on that particular rifle are inverted and the first one had its "spikes" removed (they probably thought they'd make it too klingon for the vulcan taste). Unfortunately i don't have the DVDs and have to rely on what the web gives me, but this should make it clearer. It's really obvious when you see it in motion.

Attachments

• rifle3.jpg
    rifle3.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 378
Good eye! ...but I don't think thats the case.

The props for the WC games were... rather cheap. Upon closer inspection, they were made crudely and would probably not hold up well under a show as scrutinizing as Enterprise.

Nope, I think that's correct - these rifles did wind up with the Star Trek group. They showed up on Voyager, too.

i agree the WC4 props were a bit "cheap", but then again, most of the enterprise alien weapons that weren't already used back in TNG looked rather supersoaker-ish too.
i mean, those .6" stocks on the Andorian rifles had to be made for dwarves.

i like production design, as its a great part of a franchises "fluff". i remembered the WC4 rifles being really ugly (-->super soaker) so they actually jumped right at me when i watched Enterprise.
On the other hand i really liked the rifles from WC3, but those could only be seen briefly in the funeral scene and the one with vagabonds arrest. They made a reappearance in Emperor: Battle for dune, i'll make some screenshots when i find my CDs.

Attachments

• bscap084.jpg
    bscap084.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 259
I've got the Kilrathi rifle from Wing 3 sitting around at home -- I can take some pictures if it's the sort of thing you're interested in.

I've got the Kilrathi rifle from Wing 3 sitting around at home -- I can take some pictures if it's the sort of thing you're interested in.

I am!

though it probably won't reappear in many big budget movies if you have it ^^

edit: ok i found my Dune CDs, but this'll probably lead to nothing as neither Emperor nor WC3 are available in a quality suitable to have a closer look at the props. I gave my best, but all you can make out is some silhouettes that *could* be the same guns. but assuming both series belong to EA, it's not that farfetched.

the two on the left are from Dune, those on the right from WC3 btw.

Attachments

• TEMP.jpg
    TEMP.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 341
I would Second Red Baron there, I would like to see the Kilrathi Rifle too!!
Good eyes there as well Baron, I watched that episode and never clicked it was the Wing Commander IV marine rifle

Sorry, forgot all about this - I'll get some photos this weekend.

edit: ok i found my Dune CDs, but this'll probably lead to nothing as neither Emperor nor WC3 are available in a quality suitable to have a closer look at the props. I gave my best, but all you can make out is some silhouettes that *could* be the same guns. but assuming both series belong to EA, it's not that farfetched.

I have my doubts about this one -- Wing Commander 3 and Dune 2000 were very different productions in terms of scale/location/budget/etc.

Sorry, forgot all about this - I'll get some photos this weekend.

W00t thanks

I have my doubts about this one -- Wing Commander 3 and Dune 2000 were very different productions in terms of scale/location/budget/etc.

not Dune2000, Emperor! But you can't really see much except they're about the same overall length and have the same tip. what makes me speculate about these things is budget-thinking: its quite popular to reuse existing props, most viewers just don't watch that closely. i can't even count the times i've seen starship troopers and space:above and beyond props in other productions.

ChrisReid said:
Take that back.

OK, they're not ugly. If you're into supersoaker, they're probalby quite appealing ^^

I've found a couple of better shots of one of the sets of rifles, and I gotta say, they DO look like the WC4 Confed laser rifles...
41ced6080c552840dbd5ba2a5e3df608
7cedb34c7ce747a6762c9ecd34a54219

Back