End Run

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't think the analogy completely fits - because as far as we know, there was no time when the Ranger-class was the top dog carrier. In the pre-war WC era you still have older fleet and heavy carriers that outclass the Ranger...

I'm not saying it was top-dog of course, I was only meaning that it might have been modern at the time when it was designed 50 years before the War. I'm just referring to how it's obsolete compared to the fleet and heavy carriers of WC3, and I didn't want to compare it to the AS fleet carriers, as that's unknown territory of which I have no clue.

Hope that helps clear some stuff out.

Oh, yeah, I understand that part - that makes complete sense. The original topic was trying to figure out their role in the fleet when they were modern technology, though.

The ranger class evolved from the need for the battlewagons to have eyes in the sky. Similar to the British during WWI who used aircraft carriers as scouts for their bigger ships. I forget where it states (WC3 novel I think) that the rangers were designed just for this purpose and that they have trouble accomodating 2669 era fighters because they are larger.

Back