Edit tools help

Heu actually these other guys also tried to help you by not telling you. Really. This was sooooo obvious that you should have been able to find out by yourself. Modding a game means lots of hours lost in trial and-error, research and hard work.

Quarto is actually very helpfull when it comes to asking modding questions, but then again, you have to do your part of figuring things out by yourself first. If we'd have to explain everything from A to Z to every want-to-be-modder, we'd have a 24h/day job. Resources are there. Tutorials are there. Even some source code are there. Just - read - and - study. We'll be happy to answer any question you might have that's not obviously stated in a FAQ/tutorial/online help.

Also you gotta improve your general IT skills. I mean, the command line !

well guys I remebered my problem with tremanager was differnent from mattobmp. I when i run mattobmp the window apperes then dissappers within nanoseconds. can someone actually help me like pete did
p.s. pete there was no mention of command line untill u told me. Plus by the sounds of it it made me think of MS-DOS Promot. I wouldn't of thought of going into properties of the program!
p.s.s. My general I.T. Skills is better than most people my age!

You do have a strange way to ask for help, don’t you? Patience is a virtue young padawan, especially when you are the one asking for things.
There was, there is, and always will be command lines in treman and mattobmp.
Just run the commands, and they will tell you how to use them. Treman even has a menu for God’s sake. Read up, and quit complaining about who is trying to help.

I am probably being harsh here, but you should think before complaining! WC modding tools don’t get any more user-friendlier than this!

scottandfiddle said:
*bangs head of desk reptidly untill nearly unconiuse*
I NEVER DEBATED ABOUT THERE BEING INSTRUCTIONS OR NOT BUT IT WAS THEIR CLARITY WAS IN ARGUMENT. CAN SOMEONE STOP THIS NONSENSE AND TELL ME HOW TO RUN TREMAN AND MATTOBMP
god now I know how the Blair feels after Padalin reviels he knew about Angle's death before Blair did!

Strike 1: Bill Gates Joke.

Strike 2: Stupid all-caps outbursts.

scottandfiddle said:
Plus by the sounds of it it made me think of MS-DOS Promot. I wouldn't of thought of going into properties of the program!
p.s.s. My general I.T. Skills is better than most people my age!
Wow, kids nowadays don't know how to use the command line. And back in the day, that was all we had :). Anyway, if you're serious about programming, learn a low level language too like C or C++.

scottandfiddle said:
When i run mattobmp the window apperes then dissappers within nanoseconds. can someone actually help me like pete did
p.s. pete there was no mention of command line untill u told me.

If you actually open the command prompt in a window and drop the mattobmp executable into it you should be able to read any messages that it gives. (you can scroll up if you have to IIRC) The reason it closes is because you havent used it in the command line (at the command prompt) in conjunction with the file you want to access. Try just draging the file your interested in ontop of the mattobmb executable. (and if you really have no clue about the command propmt, just click the start menu button then click run. Type command and press enter. (its also under all programs/accessories). THEN get busy familiarizing yourself with how it works.

Plus by the sounds of it it made me think of MS-DOS Promot. I wouldn't of thought of going into properties of the program!

What does properties have to do with it?

AD said:
I think he's refering to Win9x's PIF shorcuts properties, when you can set how the command prompt will be displayed when running the EXE.

PopsiclePete said:
I think he's refering to Win9x's PIF shorcuts properties, when you can set how the command prompt will be displayed when running the EXE.

Yep thats rite!

ChrisReid said:
Strike 1: Bill Gates Joke.

Strike 2: Stupid all-caps outbursts.
Come on laddie! I'll half accept the second strike but what's wrong with telling people jokes? And I'm sure if people continuesly start saying your stupid and don't help you you would go "Crazy" like I did.
ChrisReid said:
Windows jokes aren't funny.
you didn't mension Bill Gates jokes did you? (and thats a full quote!)

AD said:
If you actually open the command prompt in a window and drop the mattobmp executable into it you should be able to read any messages that it gives. (you can scroll up if you have to IIRC) The reason it closes is because you havent used it in the command line (at the command prompt) in conjunction with the file you want to access. Try just draging the file your interested in ontop of the mattobmb executable. (and if you really have no clue about the command propmt, just click the start menu button then click run. Type command and press enter. (its also under all programs/accessories). THEN get busy familiarizing yourself with how it works.

Cheers for your help. I've already tried going to "start" then "run" but it before all this nonsense and it didn't work! Thanks
p.s. sorry for the 2 replies in the row!

scottandfiddle said:
And I'm sure if people continuesly start saying your stupid and don't help you you would go "Crazy" like I did.
We didn't call you stupid at all. See it that way: Imagine us as great romancers. Some kid pops to our romancers chat board asking for help as he wants to write a book, too. Great ! We'll help ya, kid. What can we do for ya ?

Kid answers: "Well, I wanna write that super novel I've been thinking of, but I can't type ! My stupid typing machine isn't user friendly at all !"

Super romancers would answer: "Well, come back asking for help when you figure it out !"

The perverted hermit didn't tell Naruto how to pop up the water ballon with his chakra, he had to figure out by himself ! ;)
(I wonder how many here will recognise that obscure reference ?)

eddieb said:
Take a programming class in school. And if you're interested in Flight Commander, try it here http://flightcommander.solsector.net/

If you don't want to take classes, there are plenty of books on programming, which you can do on your own time. You won't be graded at least. :D Flight Commander is a great engine too. I like it myself. It is a work in progress and will get better as time progresses.

My suggestion is next time don't just post asking generically, "Help me with this program!!!" Provide specific details of what you're trying to do and what is not working for you. That's the best way to get a detailed answer.

Maj.Striker said:
My suggestion is next time don't just post asking generically, "Help me with this program!!!" Provide specific details of what you're trying to do and what is not working for you. That's the best way to get a detailed answer.
note to self! Maj. Striker's advice would be useful. Try if need other tech help.

This is a sign of the times:

The next (current) generation of computer users has grown up completely without ever knowing what MSDOS is, or how to use it.

I remember when MSDOS was all we had to use.

Jason_Ryock said:
This is a sign of the times:

The next (current) generation of computer users has grown up completely without ever knowing what MSDOS is, or how to use it.

I remember when MSDOS was all we had to use.
I did use to use Dos when I was a wane (a child) but my dad made it simple for me and all I had to do was type in the games name and it would run so if I wanted to play "Doom 2" all i typed was "doom2" so I never had the full dos experience! Anyway why use dos based programs now adays (unless it's games) Wouldn't it of been better to make a windows based program for tremanager or mattobmp? I mean it was made for the world of today not for 1992!

All those programs were made by people who didn't have the time to come up with nice, friendly Windows GUIs that would only serve to make the programs accessible to 10 instead of 8 people, though.

I'm pretty sure that the fact most of the apps we use are command line based is not the factor that has limited SO mods to a grand total of two so far.

Back