Edit tools help

scottandfiddle said:
Wouldn't it of been better to make a windows based program for tremanager or mattobmp? I mean it was made for the world of today not for 1992!

Great idea. Why don't you write a program to do that.

scottandfiddle said:
Come on laddie! I'll half accept the second strike but what's wrong with telling people jokes? And I'm sure if people continuesly start saying your stupid and don't help you you would go "Crazy" like I did.

I'm the only one who called you stupid, and everyone else was giving it to you straight. It doesn't really matter if you accept the strikes or not. There's thousands of forums out there where you can get a big pat on the back for making fun of the richest man in the world. We passed that stage about ten years ago here.

scottandfiddle said:
Ok I exagerated being called stupid but people did think I couldn't do simple things on a computer! Even after I said I could!

You started this thread by describing your situation as if you were someone who turned on a computer for the first time. Even though you later recanted that, everyone could tell by your obvious questions that this was out of your league.

scottandfiddle said:
you didn't mension Bill Gates jokes did you? (and thats a full quote!)

We don't bother with CZ rule semantics. If you have to ask if a CZ rule includes something, then it's against the rules.

ChrisReid said:
You started this thread by describing your situation as if you were someone who turned on a computer for the first time. Even though you later recanted that, everyone could tell by your obvious questions that this was out of your league.

No I asked people to help me AS IF I was only able to turn on the computer. It's like my maths teacher asking me to tell her about completeing the square AS IF she was an Alien. I did not say I could only turn on a computer.

ChrisReid said:
There's thousands of forums out there where you can get a big pat on the back for making fun of the richest man in the world. We passed that stage about ten years ago here

If I'm not mistaken there are alot of people and I mean ALOT of people who hate Bill gates, I just like laughing at him. Plus don't we all slightly hate ONE OF THE richest men (that's right one of the richest as Bill gates is only the richest if Wall street goes his way and the oil prices are down! He is only the richest sometimes and isn't the richest at other times) in the world for standing by as his company closed down Origin's sister company which was created by the Wing Commander of Wing Commander!

KillerWave said:
You basically hate the man because he is rich??
No I didn't say that I said hate Billy boy for being rich (though alot of people do hate him for being rich as he has ruined alot of people with his money! Haven't you ever wondered why there were only viruses for Windows?) but for allowing the death of Digital Anvil. I was just pointing out that the title of the richest man gos about 3 people (Billy, some other buisness goon and a guy who owns his own island!).

Eder said:
We don't hate stuff much around here, though.
I only hate things with reason! And by reason I mean a good reason so I don't hate mushrooms cause it's a vegtiable But I hate mushrooms as they make me sick every time I have one (which isn't often anyway).

Let it go ........

"Jeeze I really started some stupid argument about the Belgium language"
Yet you gripe on and on about your right to tell jokes that some find off color.

Eh, virus for windows dont hurt Bill Gates, it hurt users. If something manage to make him even richer by creating and selling antivirus software.
And Eder is right. Business decisions are just that, business decisions. Made by those who run companies. It doesnt mean he hates wing commander or anything like that. But lets keep the thread on topic shall we? I mean, if there was ever a point to a thread like this...

eddieb said:
Wow, kids nowadays don't know how to use the command line. And back in the day, that was all we had :). Anyway, if you're serious about programming, learn a low level language too like C or C++.

I miss the day of command lines. :( I wish computers were always liked that. ;) :)

scottandfiddle said:
No I didn't say that I said hate Billy boy for being rich (though alot of people do hate him for being rich as he has ruined alot of people with his money! Haven't you ever wondered why there were only viruses for Windows?)

What a coincidence. http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/18/time.poy/index.html

Time magazine on Sunday named U2 frontman Bono and philanthropic couple Bill and Melinda Gates as its "Persons of the Year."

The magazine said that while sudden disasters grab the headlines, other tragedies unfold daily.

"And who is proving most effective in figuring out how to eradicate those calamities? In different ways, it is Bill and Melinda Gates, co-founders of the world's wealthiest charitable foundation

The Gateses, the magazine notes, "spent the year giving more money away faster than anyone ever has."

In January, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation committed $750 million to improving access to child immunizations, accelerating introduction of new vaccines and strengthening vaccine delivery systems.

The foundation focuses on education, global health, improving public libraries and supporting at-risk families, according to its Web site. The Gateses awarded grants to schools in Texas, Colorado and Massachusetts, as well as the Lutheran World Relief program, which received $640,000 to help nomadic communities in Niger avert food crises.

Hehe, only viruses for Windows.

Back