DragonCon

YAY!

I hope you all enjoy yourselfs a lot - hopefully next year I can join you. Be sure to keep us all updated as to everything going on!

So it looks like they didn't put our ad in the program book.. We have to figure out how to get a refund. The parade might also get rained out, but the flight suits are absolutely incredible. Not sure how we're gonna film the Parade. We spent a bunch of time setting up our mobile CIC HQ computing center here, and almost everyone is registered. We went out to dinner tonight and some of us are watching The Two Towers now. We watched some Academy too. Not sure where half of us are now.. I fell asleep for a few minutes and everyone but ace, death and blonde disappeared. Maybe I'll ask them.

So.. while ace, Chris and blonde fell asleep, myself and Frosty went out exploring the streets. We didn't find much except Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters, and hobos. Frosty stopped to have a conversation with one hobo before giving him $5.

Rumour has it that LOAF, LOAF's brother and LOAF's brother's friend went out in their WC flight suits and attempted to convince numerous people that they are really astronauts. We suspect that this effort was aided by the bottle of vodka that they have stashed next to the sink.

So a good time was had by all.

That bottle of vodka was full this morning. It was empty early in the afternoon. Silas and Alex have been getting in trouble too numerous to recount at this hour. It was great delivering a squadron of pilots to the con floor tonight.. can't wait for the parade tomorrow.

Yay, the parade rocked! Since we were all actually in it, we're gonna depend slightly on other people's galleries for some good shots. We do have some neat shots today so far though. Tom Wilson was really cool and we're gonna see about John Rhys-Davies soon.

Damn, wish i was there. Ah well, maybe next year. Chris, your red-eye in the photos seems to be getting worse! :eek:
Have fun and keep safe guys.
-Newcommanderondablock

Hey, I tried your red eye trick and haven't been able to get away from it yet. My camera does have an antiredeye option I'll try to remember to turn on when we're doing something formal. Parade and Tom Wilson pictures are up! Go check them out.

Oh dear... maybe your just prone to photo redeye. Just photoshop the black in, or keep wearin those snazzy sunglasses you seem to be wearing more often. ;) Or just turn on the anti-redeye feature.
Cant wait for day 3's pictures. Too bad about John Rhys-Davies cancellation... at least "The Maniac" was there. I wish i coulda seen/been in the parade.

Yeah, the parade was really awesome.. I could hear people reading our sign and url along the sidelines the entire way. Photoshopping eyes has produced scary results for me in the past. We were worried about Rhys-Davies' security, and they met him at DC2001, so I'm not too worried about his cancellation. I do think the sunglasses work well with the flight suits. And it looks like you guys have kept the site pretty busy this week. Estimates are putting us at about 50 hits shy of making this the busiest week in two and a half years. I suppose there's a small chance we could surge and get those extra hits too.

I wonder how many non-active viewers there are, just watching the conversations. It'd be kinda wierd to be recognized by a total stranger as "That guy that posts on that Wing Commander message board" . . . Being recognized as the "singer from Over Mortal" (my band) by strangers is wierd enough. Perhaps this has already happened to some of you? (that is, being recognized for your activity on the CZ)

There's probably a lot... but I like being recognized by strangers. It's great to hear that my name's traveled enough for people to say "hey... I heard of you... you're that sax kid who played at that (insert school event/benifit concert/fundraiser/nursing home/concert/personal show), aren't you?" I love being recognized.

You may have told me this before overmortal, but do you play anythign with your band, or just sing?

Damn, those flight suits would fit perfectly to my new sunglasses. Maybe I'll attend next year when I visit my newfound relative in the USA. :)

Instead of asking random people if they know where you're from, you should ask them some good old fasioned WC Trivia. Make them work for those pens. And by work, I really mean answer questions. meh.

Needaham45 said:
You may have told me this before overmortal, but do you play anythign with your band, or just sing?
I seem to recall overmortal posting pictures of himself playing a mighty fine black-with-beige-finish Gibson Les Paul here a while ago. Maybe I'm just imagining things out of my own frustrations, though :p

yeah attending D*C someday would be cool, especially when you look at the funky pictures on the front page

Jibbo said:
Instead of asking random people if they know where you're from, you should ask them some good old fasioned WC Trivia. Make them work for those pens. And by work, I really mean answer questions. meh.

We're not asking Wing Commander fans if they recognize flight suits. We *are* making random people work hard for those pens. If you see the videos, the random moms, hot girls and crazy costume people we interview struggle a whole lot (and most do eventually conclude Wing Commander).

Back