DragonCon sacrifices

Needaham45

Spaceman
The reason was an interesting one.

The way he chose to leave was to send an e-mail to me explaining he was leaving, and that he couldn't work on the UE2 Music team I was going to put together (looks like the music team is just me, like in UE). In the e-mail he explained the reason, and CCed it to the CIC people, so I got caught in the arguement that came next. I was getting 6 e-mails an hour arguing his reason for leaving until I got annoyed and explained (for the 5th time or so) that I had no part in the arguement.

Now his reason. He saw the pics of people destroying games from Dragon*Con last year, and got annoyed because apparently most people in his country couldn't even afford those games, and people in the WC community were destroying them because they were considered WC rip-offs. So, in protest, he left.

Needaham45 said:
So, in protest, he left.

wcfools.JPG

Now his reason. He saw the pics of people destroying games from Dragon*Con last year, and got annoyed because apparently most people in his country couldn't even afford those games, and people in the WC community were destroying them because they were considered WC rip-offs. So, in protest, he left.

It's a sad but true fact that there are people starving to death right now in Stupidsylvania.

Bandit LOAF said:
It's a sad but true fact that there are people starving to death right now in Stupidsylvania.

Oh, I wasn't debating this - I was just stating what was said. I was honestly a bit worried that it would be implied I didn't believe that was really the case. I'm perfectly aware of the poor situation in whatever country he lives in - I just wasn't until that incident. Never knew, and still don't know where he lives.

Bandit LOAF said:

Wow, Loaf, I'm inpressed, you're dumping on a guy who isn't here and can't defend himself.

Sounds like a good reason to leave actually, just because you live in the fattest cat in the world gives you no right to screw your nose up at the less fortunate.

BattleDog said:
Wow, Loaf, I'm inpressed, you're dumping on a guy who isn't here and can't defend himself.

Yeah, it sure is horrible to comment on someone who left of his own volition and is capable of coming back and defending himself at any point if he so wishes..

BattleDog said:
Sounds like a good reason to leave actually, just because you live in the fattest cat in the world gives you no right to screw your nose up at the less fortunate.

What the hell are you talking about? :( Random video games bought out of various bargain bins for rather small amounts of money have absolutely no impact on the economics of other countries. I could understand, possibly, getting pissed off over someone destroying necessities of life that might get shipped to other countries... However, I see no concievable way that bargain bin computer games will be shipped off to help the "poor, suffering PC users" of the world.

As everyone who was part of the inintial e-mail conversation can confirm, I was *happy* to insult the guy to his face. He was, as the old saying goes, really really stupid. :)

(Also, I don't live in a cat. i live in an old tree.)

Hmm, looks like that assclown was at El Salvador.

Just a coincidence, a companion of mine recently graduated BUD/S training and recieved his orders to SEAL Team Four, which covers the Latin American region....

What's funny is what that "Shrike" guy posted about LOAF "I think he worked for Origin for a time. I don't know what he did, but I don't think it involved the programming end."

Bandit LOAF said:
As everyone who was part of the inintial e-mail conversation can confirm, I was *happy* to insult the guy to his face.

Yea... he most certainly was. It wasn't fun reading 6 e-mails an hour full of insults going back and forth in an arguement I wasn't really involved in.

I mean, we didn't spend more than two dollars a piece on those games... and there were ten of us. Compared to some of the other crud we spend money on for the CIC, blowing up a copy of Freespace for eighty cents a piece isn't really much. I give a hundred times that each year to worthwhile organizations -- so it steams my bacon that some idiot that I've never talked to before can (completely out of the blue) send me a nasty note about how I'm destroying his poor country with something that's obviously a joke.

(Also, if my sending video games to third world country will save the world, I'll be happy to ship off as many copies of real Wing Commander games as are needed. :))

Yea... he most certainly was. It wasn't fun reading 6 e-mails an hour full of insults going back and forth in an arguement I wasn't really involved in.

Awww, it must have been a *little* fun... I don't remember what I said at the time, but I am generally really, really good at insulting people :)

Bandit LOAF said:
(Also, if my sending video games to third world country will save the world, I'll be happy to ship off as many copies of real Wing Commander games as are needed.

As opposed to the insidious bootleg Wing Commander trade Ghost runs out of his supply depot in Mexico City?

"That website is going to get an indignant e-mail."
"You should do it with bold red letters."
"My computer has 512 shades of red!"

Okay, sorry Loaf, that was uncalled for on my part.

I can see his point though:

Where he comes from most people can't afford computers.

Where you come from you're so wealthy that don't consider the destruction of a £30 computer game a big deal.

Where he comes from that computer game would be unatainable for many people.

Regardless of what it cost you, its what it would cost someone in his country.

Are we talking about the guy who e-mailed us this? (emphasis mine, spelling and grammar his)

i-m
getteing out of the Freespace community and other Independent game programar comuunities and stuff like that for other real live problems you american as caused with the war of Irac, her all the prices of stuff
have goes way out high, and even the internec conection

Because that was just plain old anti-Americanism and little else.

Why is it that people's whining lately always goes along the lines of "America is the reason my toilet paper couldn't wipe my ass totally clean last night. It was their fault!"?

What a bunch of shitbirds.

Back