Doom 3

Seems strange they would put all that effort into Doom 2 and then just put a guy's face they know on a pike. They should've at least made him look wired into something.

I would think the longest part of making Doom and Doom 2 were those long and tedious levels.

Really the final boss of Doom 2 was the giant demon head on the wall whom you see representations of in drawings and stuff all through Doom and Doom 2.

Having the head on a stick was just an easter egg for those of us who decided to use cheatcodes and noclip back there.

To kill the boss properly, you ride the big elevator thing up all the wall and when it is all the very top you launch a rocket and if you did it well it goes through the opening in the demon guy's head and damages mr. head -on-a-stick. However if you didn't know he was back there then all you see if your rocket entering the exposed brain of mr. demon guy and him yelling in pain.

Nomad Terror said:
To kill the boss properly, you ride the big elevator thing up all the wall and when it is all the very top you launch a rocket and if you did it well it goes through the opening in the demon guy's head and damages mr. head -on-a-stick. However if you didn't know he was back there then all you see if your rocket entering the exposed brain of mr. demon guy and him yelling in pain.

And after a few missiles mr. demon guy goes kaboom.

Dyret said:
And after a few missiles mr. demon guy goes kaboom.

Two rockets "in the hole" was what it took. The problem was that you had to make two trips up with the platform because each trip gave you just enough time to align for one shot.

I didn't know he was an easter egg because I thought there was a real legitimate way of opening that door. I loved the secret levels where you play Wolfenstein. Or what was that other easter egg where you kill that little captain guy from that really old video game?

I forgot his name. There's like three of him hanging on a rope if I can recall.

I beat Doom 3 last night. I was a little dissappointed by how brief the last cutscene is (Didn't wait through the credits, though . . may have missed something there?). But, it's a very challenging game, and I'm gonna play through it again on a harder setting now.

No matter how experienced you are, the first level is still creepy. Something about the close quarters and those damned Imps . . . they scare the living hell out of you, that's for sure.

I can't believe they are waiting so long to release doom 3 on x-box...if it doesn't come out till November then I'd say, "Screw it...I'm buying Halo 2"

It comes out in October, so we've been told. I already have it on PC, though. And I've already pre-ordered my copy of Halo 2. Now all that I'll need to get is Metroid Prime 2 and I'll be set for the winter.

Am i the only one thats not scared by doom 3. I cant understand why everyone i soooo scared by it. the imps are pathetic little critters, and the zombies looks like normal humans with serious health problems. I'm not saying doom 3 is a bad game, its one of the best i have ever played, its just that i was extremely dissapointed because i hoped to be creeped out. System Shock 2 did creep me out the first time, though.

Yes, but the demons/zombies will allways make a whole lot of "scary" noises, so you wont really jump when they eventually attacked you.

A decent wasd/mouse player will kick the ass of a very good keyboard only player without breaking a sweat... I've never heard of good FPS players who didn't employ the wasd/mouse setup, BTW. And reading the word "mouselook" brought me several memories from the distant past...

I don't have a machine good enough for doom3, else I'd be playing it. But I'd bet my chips on Half-Life 2 for fps of the year... If its story and gameplay are half as good as one (disconsidering the alien levels), HL2 will be a trully amazing masterpiece.

Edfilho said:
A decent wasd/mouse player will kick the ass of a very good keyboard only player without breaking a sweat... I've never heard of good FPS players who didn't employ the wasd/mouse setup, BTW.

I'd bet my chips on Half-Life 2 for fps of the year.

Gotta go along with you on that one, but I prefer a trackball- really fast and accurate with some practice. HL was a great game too, and I'm looking forward to HL-2. RTCW had been my favorite FPS until Doom3 arrived.

Maj.Striker said:
I can't believe they are waiting so long to release doom 3 on x-box...if it doesn't come out till November then I'd say, "Screw it...I'm buying Halo 2"

Good news then, the game might not make it out till early next year.

Still images from the Doom movie finally surfaced..
http://www.darkhorizons.com/2005/doom.php
I'm not sure if it looks that bad.

doom10.jpg

doom4.jpg

doom1.jpg

I want to see the BFG firing, that would be the worst thing since jax's cybernetic arms in mortal kombat 2: the movie
:D

Straggler said:
I actually am kinda looking forward to see if they use the original monsters....or storyline.

No, definitely not. http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041203i.php

Screenwriter Dave Callahan claims "everyone was keen to keep the game's atmosphere", though there are some "minor" changes done to the film's concept: The monsters have nothing to do with hell, the plot is not taking place on Mars and "space marines" are not well "space marines" as their outfits are more like SWAT team members.

doommovie.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back