Do You Think Origin Will Bring Out Another Wing Commander?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats basicly the question, i really just want ppls oppinions, do u think the nephelium will be like the kilrathi as where it will take 3 games to defeat them?

if so give me your ideas on how the game would procede

If they want a lot of money, then they will probably wait another 2 years maybe 3 and then release the next game. A whole lot of WC fans will race to the stores to get this new WC game. That is how most fanchrises work.

although i deeply wish a new wing commander game would be released, i very much doubt that. Origin doesnt even exist, so if a new WC was to be released it would mean some other company would make it. basically, i think it all depends on Chris Roberts' intentions. If he was interested in making a new WC game, he would. What i dont understand is why he's not :confused:

I'm not sure what you mean -- Origin very much 'exists'. They've got at least one game in development in Austin, as well as the UO Live stuff.

Nope, they're still there. Perhaps you're thinking of Westwood? EA closed their offices a while back.

Origin kind of went under. Basically EA got rid of everyone but the Live UO team. Hence why we saw the wake and all previous developers having a wake for the death of Origin. It was Origin as we once knew it. Now OSI just works on a dying MMORPG Ultima Online. They say they are starting to increase support and make the game a little enjoyable but every day I think about leaving.

There was also news of an Ultima X. Whether that is Ultima Ten or a new Ultima Online remains to be seen.

I would love to see a new Wing Commander game. Preferably an online Privateer 3 or something. Even a game set during the Kilrathi war, to go a little retro, would be good. But I doubt they would re-visit it.

Chris Roberts always said he would go back to it, I hope he does one day. Or even his StarLancer universe was the next best thing. If he could do a Wing Commander game like that, that would be swell!

personally i didnt like the 2nd and 3rd privateers, i liked the first, created in his ing commander uni, but i spose thats cause i felt betrayed he went a dif way and called it priv 2, when it basicly wasnt a sequal.

what i think would be good, would be a more action fleet capital ship based game as well, while there were always plenty of enemy ships to kill there were really no more then 1 ship (cap) at a time compeating in combat, of course i ehard that changed with scret opps, but still and i dont mean little transports either im talken the big combat cap ships.

i think it would be fun to see a good group of confed ships fight a good combat group on enemy ships..... like the vesuviouse and saint helans... and i do realise the intrepid was there 2 but it never really did anything special

hmmmmm, leave my iliteracy alone, he has never done anything to u.....well except not allowing u to read correctly.

still on subject i reckon it would be good to have a game in the kilrathi POV would be good to play as a member of a kilrathi clan and fight against the terrans

Privateer Two OWNED!

It let you have some real freedom in a vaguely WC Universe. It was alot of fun just to PLAY, let alone to explore the plot, which was complicated AND intriguing.

The acting was pretty good, I thought anyway. I enjoyed it. The graphics weren't so terrible, but the gameplay was fantastic!

Privateer 1 was supposed to be better, and when you consider that it was made first and obviously suffered from worse gameplay and didn't have FMV's it must be something indeed.

I don't know what your referring to in saying Privateer 3, there never was one.

You obviously don't know what your talking about, which is obvious from your typo ridden posts.

hmmmm, im thinking of freespace for some reason, im looking at fan sites at the moment must have gotten logged in my head or somthen.

doesnt really matter anyway, my typos matter little, i dont see the point in typing to my best degree for somthing that will be looked over once, and is understandable at any rate.

anyway, if u dont like it dont respond to my questions, it doesnt bother me if i dont have to speak to u

You bring down the quality of this entire site with your inane and baseless posts. You can't type any better then a third grader and don't bother to check any information before you post. You whine on about your prable bringing up a topic that's already been discussed three times since I Joined the forums LAST MONTH, let alone how many times it was discussed before then.

I am disgusted to belong to the same forums with someone of your obviously low educational level.

lol, pathetic.

u want an insult war id be free to have it in a chat room, but know this nerdo, i am not your typical sissy, it wouldnt matter if u were either i could crush u like a bug, it would be no big feat.

but that aside my spelling should not be displayed for ppl with the intelligence of pot plants, like yourself. spelling is no messure of intelliegnce and i find your hostility quite pedantic.

besides as i just said why waste spelling on an idiot such as yourself, though im sure most ppl with half a brain stem could understand my fragmented sentances even if they are a little misspelt.

dont be a fuck grow up and get over yourself

Look dude, you don't know what your talking about, and you type like a drunk three year old in the dark.

What am I supposed to think about you except that your stupid?

It's like when you go for a job interview. You dress up nice to give a good impression. Based on your clothes they make an opinion about you.

Based on your LACK of typing skills everyone has now made an opinion of you. I don't have to insult you, you do it on your own.

You need to grow up a little before you come play in forums like this one.

By the way, did you ask your parents before you got online?

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHA

man u have to be 1 of the most funny ppl ive ever had the plesure of talking to.....

man for starters i live in teh real world i have 2 jobs and and studing world history as an extra study course.

my typing makes it hard for u to think im intelligent? since when has typign be a judgment of intelligence, im afraid there is no messure of intelligence even IQ tests the closet messure we do have messure a wide variety of things, but is spelling one of them?

dude u have your facts wrong, and you think your going to drive me into an argument? im the 1 who needs to grow up? phht all i said was if u didnt liek my typing u didnt have to comment over my posts or my threads, u blew it out of preportion.

another sign of a pubecent mind and a sad one at that, who needs to ask there parents permission i wonder? geek....opps i ment geez.

sorry didnt mean to implie anything there

I'm a geek and I'm damn proud of it.

So don't try to insult me by saying that. Your the one who also said you weren't going to waste spelling on someone like me (which you obviously aren't doing since your not spelling anything correctly) so why do you still waste posts and bandwidth space responding to me?

I am not a pubescent male, I am an adult with a life and a job and a Fiancee. Unlike you I know that intelligence is not measured by how smart we think we are but by how smart others think we are. When your older enough, go play poker. You don't have to be good at lying, you just have to make people think your lying.

People have already seen you as a nine year old with half a brain, because any nine year old would type and spell better then you, even if English wasn't his first language.

As I "geek" I happen to know somethings about both computers and the internet. The first of which is basic etiquette. I don't for example, simple blunder into my best friends house drunk and swearing, slurring my words, mis-pronoucning everything and talking about Basketball (which I happen to know nothing about). Basic etiquette requires that I don't do that.

What you have done on these boards with your posts could be seen as exactly that, save that it is online. You are the online equivalent of a biligerant drunk who knows nothing and cannot speak properly.

Basic internet etiquette, something us "geeks" know something about, asks that people are a bit more respectful when posting on forums that did not start and do not hold any kind of position in. It is obvious that you either do not care about how other feels about you (which makes you stupid and means you will get no where in life) or that you simple do not know any better because you are a moron.

I'm hoping it's the second, there might still be some chance for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back